• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner No Date VSF 114060

krubs

28/6/17
Also regarding the SEL thing, it is likely to just be a shadow created by the endlink recession. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: kokemut

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Just got my QC and accepted it. As I expected same batch from other TD which it has same serial and clasp code.
Kind of hard to see rehaut alignment on my QC but really don't care at this point.

jpTnUn.jpg

jpT8Rs.jpg

jpT6Q3.jpg

jpT1bE.jpg

jpTthY.jpg

jpTBnD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: krubs

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
^^^^ This. You guys are insane. The watches look great. This is exactly why RWI doesn’t normally allow QCs.

^^^^ This. I love this place… I’ve learned soooooo much here. Even though I primarily own gens now I still do a few Franken builds per year for fun so I’m still on here often. You know what I swear I’ve never heard in the gen world in the past couple years….

1. “Whooooa!!!! That rehaut is TOTALLY misaligned!” Sometimes they are.
2. “Those SELs are sooooo off!” Sometimes they are.
3. “That’s clearly 316 steel and NOT 904 steel!” No one cares.
4. “Those speed bumps on that Batman are huge!!!”

I have heard this though:

1. That’s the wrong dial.
2. That insert looks fake.
3. That case is pretty worn, but looks good.
4. That bracelet isn’t period correct, but it looks good.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnt33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/15
This may be a little out of topic.

Has anyone noticed the index at 6 is a little to low?
I’ve seen some gen 114060 sitting higher so the gap of Swiss made is more visible, but then I’ve also seen some similar to the VSF 114060s. Anyone that could shine a light on this?

Thanks.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
This may be a little out of topic.

Has anyone noticed the index at 6 is a little to low?
I’ve seen some gen 114060 sitting higher so the gap of Swiss made is more visible, but then I’ve also seen some similar to the VSF 114060s. Anyone that could shine a light on this?

Thanks.

The 12 o'clock marker is from 116610 that's even bigger issue with all current factories 114060's.

nnt33

27/9/15
The 12 o'clock marker is from 116610 that's even bigger issue with all current factories 114060's.

I’ve read about this before but I tried seeing some gen photos vs these and I couldn’t tell a huge difference.
But lately the 6 o’clock marker keeps bugging me a little being so low. But as mentioned, there are a few gens that has it low too but it could depend on angles of the photo.

That’s why I thought I’d ask to see if anyone know about this.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I’ve read about this before but I tried seeing some gen photos vs these and I couldn’t tell a huge difference.
But lately the 6 o’clock marker keeps bugging me a little being so low. But as mentioned, there are a few gens that has it low too but it could depend on angles of the photo.

That’s why I thought I’d ask to see if anyone know about this.

To be honest the 6 marker used to always be too close on reps but I haven't looked at that on the later year versions.

The 12 marker yes the difference is small but its there.

This is how its on my 114060 the dial is gen.

IMG-5312.jpg

nnt33

27/9/15
To be honest the 6 marker used to always be too close on reps but I haven't looked at that on the later year versions.

The 12 marker yes the difference is small but its there.

This is how its on my 114060 the dial is gen.

IMG-5312.jpg

I see what you mean.
From what I can see on the 12 marker, the distance from crown and marker is smaller on gen than the reps.

But yeah it does seem like the gap between swiss made and 6 marker is bigger.

I’ll be able to see it better once I receive it. Hopefully soon ????

Your 114060 is stunning mate!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I see what you mean.
From what I can see on the 12 marker, the distance from crown and marker is smaller on gen than the reps.

But yeah it does seem like the gap between swiss made and 6 marker is bigger.

I’ll be able to see it better once I receive it. Hopefully soon ????

Your 114060 is stunning mate!

Both of these are very minor issues I think I would never notice those if someone hadn't wrote about them in this forum.

Thanks, the watch is mostly gen outside and on CF case and yes the CG's are bad on CF :(

Reactions: nnt33

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Oh and post some pics once you receive yours VSF 114060 is probably the most gen looking rep OTB you can get now days.

Reactions: nnt33

Omar9

14/12/18
jCzU4i.jpg
jCze3c.jpg
jCzAEI.jpg
jCz5yX.jpg
jCzimp.jpg
jCzWcb.jpg

Got my QC in today, just wanted a second opinion on the gap between the crystal and bezel near the 6-9 hour area as it looked a little more than other pics I've seen or it might be the angle of pic? 3 marker also seemed a little off to me but again I think that might be to do with the angle of pic.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's a matter of depth perspective. The bezel is closer to the camera than the dial. That's is what I think anyway.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Ok thanks.. is it just a matter of perspective?

Yes it's good man, loom at the same marker on the other side it looks a bit too low as well, but that's because the watch is not 100% horizontal, the top is tilted backwards and with the insert not on the same 3D plane as the dial inserts it creates that Illusion

Watch looks good man