• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Banned from rolexforums.com for questioning if a demand for $25 to reset my password was reasonable

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
What do we think, is that reasonable?

I only ever used it to buy interesting parts, but still, a bit miffed.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Full disclosure, I’ve been going through various forums resetting passwords to more secure random iPad generated passwords, and I guess either the RF or my iPad had a brain fart, and the password wasn’t updated.
I contacted the site admins to ask about resetting my password, was told there is a link under the sign in (there isn’t for me on my iPad). When I sent a screen grab showing no link I received an email back demanding $25 dollars plus a lot of personal info to reset my password “due to scammers”. That didn’t make any sense to me, $25 isn’t going to put off scammers selling fake or stolen high end watches, so I replied and said as much.

I made a new account, and asked the question whether I was being scammed or was it a genuine request. That post disappeared, so I posted a more curt version asking if it was reasonable to demand $25 to reset a password.
That post was deleted, and I was banned. Oh dear.

Thanks

rdb

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Just apply for a new account, should not be an issue

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yup, but I won’t go back under any circumstances, TRF admin I was dealing with was an arsehat lol

they have been known to kick RWI members when they find out ....im sorry

waiting for the day i get banned

Reactions: Ecender

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
Staff over there surely have an interesting way of running the place. A few years back a clown mod over there threatened to ban me for my "nonsense" when I reported to him that a submariner posted in their sales section has a rep mid case and I even lay out in detail how it isn't genuine...

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Honestly, TRF is a joke. Overall, there are more knowledgeable members about Rolexes, and Horology as a whole, on RWI than on TRF. Sorry to hear that u were treated so poorly, but you are in better company here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
That’s not how they ride on TRF. You have to say how great your relationship with your AD is and tell every member to wear their watch in good health.

Basic gen forum procedure. I usually have to laugh when I read how grown ups got a new watch and write eight paragraphs about dreaming of that model as a child and getting a hard on when their AD offered them a cup of coffee and then all the other guys making compliments about his Rollie. And his erection, of course.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Basic gen forum procedure. I usually have to laugh when I read how grown ups got a new watch and write eight paragraphs about dreaming of that model as a child and getting a hard on when their AD offered them a cup of coffee and then all the other guys making compliments about his Rollie. And his erection, of course.

They really put the whore in horology on some of those forums ????????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slayer1976

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Staff over there surely have an interesting way of running the place. A few years back a clown mod over there threatened to ban me for my "nonsense" when I reported to him that a submariner posted in their sales section has a rep mid case and I even lay out in detail how it isn't genuine...

You dont do that there boss lol you exposed their “genuine ROLEX watches”