Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned from rolexforums.com for questioning if a demand for $25 to reset my password was reasonable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Banned from rolexforums.com for questioning if a demand for $25 to reset my password was reasonable

    What do we think, is that reasonable?

    I only ever used it to buy interesting parts, but still, a bit miffed.

    Anybody had a similar experience?

    Full disclosure, I’ve been going through various forums resetting passwords to more secure random iPad generated passwords, and I guess either the RF or my iPad had a brain fart, and the password wasn’t updated.
    I contacted the site admins to ask about resetting my password, was told there is a link under the sign in (there isn’t for me on my iPad). When I sent a screen grab showing no link I received an email back demanding $25 dollars plus a lot of personal info to reset my password “due to scammers”. That didn’t make any sense to me, $25 isn’t going to put off scammers selling fake or stolen high end watches, so I replied and said as much.

    I made a new account, and asked the question whether I was being scammed or was it a genuine request. That post disappeared, so I posted a more curt version asking if it was reasonable to demand $25 to reset a password.
    That post was deleted, and I was banned. Oh dear.

    Thanks

    rdb
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

    #2
    Fuck TRF!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Divers, Chronos, Cars and Coffee

    Comment


      #3
      That’s not how they ride on TRF. You have to say how great your relationship with your AD is and tell every member to wear their watch in good health.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by muiramas View Post
        That’s not how they ride on TRF. You have to say how great your relationship with your AD is and tell every member to wear their watch in good health.
        So true lol

        Comment


          #5
          Just apply for a new account, should not be an issue

          Comment


            #6
            ill only charge you @19.95 to reset you password here
            Last edited by Raddave; 23-12-21, 06:11. Reason: Staff edit
            BAH !!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by SOLEX View Post
              Just apply for a new account, should not be an issue
              Then I have a new, non trusted account instead of the eight year account I did have?
              "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Raddave View Post
                ill only charge you @19.95 to reset you password here
                This place is different, this is a second home. 19.95 here is an absolute bargain !
                "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rocketdogbert View Post

                  This place is different, this is a second home. 19.95 here is an absolute bargain !
                  was your TRF account the same as your RWI account name ?
                  BAH !!!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Raddave View Post

                    was your TRF account the same as your RWI account name ?
                    Yup, but I won’t go back under any circumstances, TRF admin I was dealing with was an arsehat lol
                    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rocketdogbert View Post

                      Yup, but I won’t go back under any circumstances, TRF admin I was dealing with was an arsehat lol
                      they have been known to kick RWI members when they find out ....im sorry

                      waiting for the day i get banned
                      BAH !!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Raddave View Post

                        they have been known to kick RWI members when they find out ....im sorry

                        waiting for the day i get banned
                        Not the reason the admin gave me, but whatever, I can live without them lol
                        "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rocketdogbert View Post

                          Not the reason the admin gave me, but whatever, I can live without them lol
                          good we are a better crew anyway !
                          BAH !!!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Staff over there surely have an interesting way of running the place. A few years back a clown mod over there threatened to ban me for my "nonsense" when I reported to him that a submariner posted in their sales section has a rep mid case and I even lay out in detail how it isn't genuine...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hate that forum


                              Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X