• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF V5 GMT Master II 126715CHNR with VR3186

repreg123

7/8/19
I still don't understand what the differences are between JVS and GMF here. Also I feel like we lack pictures.. somebody here said they rejected 2 JVS, why not post the pics?
Am I missing something or is this still a Blackbox?

Reactions: Thunderdog

Giannos7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Hey guys I just got my GMF with the VR3186. However, it is losing a couple of minutes every hour. Is there a way to address this on my own or should I send it for service?

FRANCKD

I’m Groot
31/3/12
Eu
I would like order one Rootbeer but I have the impression that gmf movements are a bit of a lottery

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I would like order one Rootbeer but I have the impression that gmf movements are a bit of a lottery

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

It is not a lottery if you spec out the movement that you want and when getting your QC pics make sure that that is what you are getting.

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
Hey guys I just got my GMF with the VR3186. However, it is losing a couple of minutes every hour. Is there a way to address this on my own or should I send it for service?

You can regulate it yourself just search this forum on how to do it

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

That amount of loss is excessive. The movement can be regulated, and maybe brought back into acceptable limits. There are two regulator arms on the balance assembly that can be manipulated to adjust the timing. You should look at some videos on regulating automatic movements to see if it's something you want to learn how to do. You would need to have a timegrapher or you could try a phone app for that purpose.

https://youtu.be/ueY5zkAsjwA

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
After some extensive reading on this gmf rootbeer,
i start worrying about my gen rootbeer to be honest.
Could some expert have a look at my watch, will post more picture if needed.
i been handling gen and rep for 5 years and through picture i really cannot tell the difference between the GMF V6 and my Gen rootbeer. only difference are the bad rehaut finishing and cyclops magnification. the color are good, bezel insert are also very good on the GMF.
could someone check for me please ????
im afraid i may have got a fake ???!!
62-C99-F4-B-DBBA-4-E86-8-F3-F-29-F1-F99-E0263.jpg

6801547-F-B6-AF-4-F9-A-9-D65-88-F29-CCCDC2-D.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NotSoSmart