• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today, the postman brought this..!

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
My GMT DiW desert from OMF came in
10499f72c93b1795796c08e1c2d1d66b.jpg

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Thanks [mention]Swiss_goupil [/mention]!

Some insights after a good nights sleep.
Yes the bezel was done properly w/r to the inlay of the numbers. No paint residue left over.
The other (unknown) factory does this differently, more gen like. I like OMF’s technique better though. Too bad the golden paint of the crown does not match the color of the bezel numbers; it’s too bright. The dots between the hour markers are outlined in gold on the gen, here they are just white. Should be platinum pain dust?

There is a Russian gen review video on YouTube if anyone is interested.
https://youtu.be/VD3O79xZ9SU
The inlay of the golden bezel numbers has been properly copied by the ‘other’ rep factory.

Carbon. Liking the pattern on the case but not on the dial. Not an expert on how it should look, wavey? Color should be more black not so much gray.

The dial looks already like a meteorite dial right now ha, it’s hard to even see the hour markers let alone the time. I guess I have been spoiled by VSF and the ‘floating’ hour markers on the Omega SMP. They look flat here on the dial, but I am comparing different sets I know.
The hands look alright.

The caseback, let’s not go there. Short cuts were made. Not important that much for me.

Movement. Winding of the crown could better, the gears needs some oil. Nothing too surprising. Gmt hand can be changed individually. All in all it keeps accurate time so good!

The strap does not fit and that’s a deal breaker for me. I could ask member strappy to make me a custom short one but can’t be bothered really. I have decided to sell it for someone else to enjoy it
1a0f9a6318df95e6a34c1b4ad031974f.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Not convinced either of those (subs with cf bracelet) is much of an improvement over the vsf endlink. Still look a bit shallow and/or blunt compared to what the cf bracelet was before?

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
sorry for the shit photos

jCuoJ8.jpg

jCuIaK.jpg

The CF appears to have better raised center link near the case which is better than VS, which is too shallow. However the side links are still nearly flush with the lugs near the bracelet. If I had to choose between the two I would take the CF and then mod the rest of the SELs so they are not so flush with the lugs.

Reactions: wubsub

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
The CF appears to have better raised center link near the case which is better than VS, which is too shallow. However the side links are still nearly flush with the lugs near the bracelet. If I had to choose between the two I would take the CF and then mod the rest of the SELs so they are not so flush with the lugs.

agreed, CF is more raised. SEL fitment with CF is better as well, just bottom right lug is a bit too flush but managed to find a nice springbar that makes it fit better.. my guess is some or most VSF cases have incorrect placed holes.