• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New 4130 Daytona Dial Pictures Leaks

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
This does not seem correct. Customers are expected to remove a screw from the movement when received??? Not heard this for any other watch. Also have not heard this from my TD.

I notice all your posts YellowFin are very defensive of Clean. Do you work for/with them? Thanks.

but is it possible that this topic has a strong appeal for big asses and smashing balls? really too much useless posts here

Last edited:
Reactions: PastyMan

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Thank you for your insight @Nikz19.
I've noticed the date on your screen. My question (possibly a dumb one): is it a picture of two years ago of a CF Daytona that you posted in order to suggest that throughout two years they didn't improve QC, or is it a current Clean Daytona, coming from the end-2021 batch?
Thanks in advance.

Have a nice afternoon,

B.

Errrrrrrm no, I just haven’t set the correct date on my new toy. Quite hard to have a pic of a CF daytona from 2 years ago since they’ve just been released mate.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Here you go! Please excuse the poor lighting and shadows. It’s too warm outside for natural light photos.

You might be able to tell the difference in whiteness of dial in the photo with CF and Gen side by side.

I really can’t tell if CF or Noob have more gen like pushers. Need expert opinion from you guys.

Enjoy

Terrific!! FWIW I think the Noob CGs look a bit better.
Otherwise I can't tell the difference.
Still happy with my Noob V4 and see no reason to "upgrade" ....

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Thank you for your contribution!

CF pushers' shape looks more genlike, finishing is better in the knurled part, the edges are way less sharp than the noob ones and therefore more genlike.

Now, the position of the CF pushers is weird, definitely different from gen. The position looks more genlike in the noob.

It's as if they don't screw in as much as the gen pushers, or maybe it's just an effect because they are angled differently than the genuine one, the angle looks more open. Kinda reminds me of the differently angled 7750 pushers, but of course in a much less marked way.

Moreover, the inner cylinder part of the pusher looks brushed in the genuine one, while polished in both the CF and the Noob.

Noob's crown looks better shaped but less finished.

Again, thanks for your input!

Received my CF Daytona yesterday. Took only a week to ship from China to Germany. I have a couple of Noob V3 and V4 Frankens and am very impressed with the watch. The dial is excellent in print quality and finish but very much brighter than the ARF dial in my Hybrid (no problem as there are stark white dials and creamy dials in Gen). The ARF bracelet has the usual quality and has a little bit softer edges than the Noob bracelets. The hands are very good compared to GEN, I do not see a need to update unless you strive for absolut perfection.

SEL fitment is super tight, but they could be a little bit more recessed. But still very good SEL.
Case shape is better than Noob - as demonstrated in many pictures in this thread already.

However I have to give credits to mari115 for his great eagle eyes. Something about the pushers does not look right compared to Noob. Especially the top pusher seems to be a fraction of a millimeter shorter than the lower one or - my assumption - does not screw in as much (due to its position?) as the lower pusher. But guys we are talking here about fractions of a millimeter, than no one outside a few watch nerds will ever realize. If I look at the lower pusher with a jewellers loupe I can see the two lines and a little bit of metal before the knurled cap begins. On the upper pusher, when fully screwed the knurled part begins right under the second ring.

I used a QC pic of another watch to demonstrate this - although hard to see in the pictures.

Overall an excellent watch for the money. If CF updates the pusher and maybe the SEL recess I will replace my Noob midcases on my Frankens with CF.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Tony Clifton which rehaut engraving is better Noob or Clean, compared to gen?

Honestly, hard too see much difference, even with a loupe. Maybe CF is a little bit better compared to Gen, but I think Noob did quite good anyway. Both have very good alignemnt with the dial markers and hash marks. Unfortunately I do not have a Gen to compare, only pictures.
When worn on the wrist no differences between the two rehauts visible.

So far no movement problems with the CF. Some members have written about loose screws in the movement or not correctly resetting Chrono hands. Mine works flawlessly.
Timegrapher says -3 sec/day, healthy amplitude of 310 and beat error of 0,2 ms. After running for about 16 hours since yesterday when I received it, the timegrapher numbers seem to be valid in real life situation. Movement feels and performs like my other Noob SA 4130.

Last edited:

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Honestly, hard too see much difference, even with a loupe. Maybe CF is a little bit better compared to Gen, but I think Noob did quite good anyway. Both have very good alignemnt with the dial markers and hash marks. Unfortunately I do not have a Gen to compare, only pictures.

So far no movement problems with the CF. Some members have written about loose screws in the movement or not correctly resetting Chrono hands. Mine works flawlessly.
Timegrapher says -3 sec/day, healthy amplitude of 310 and beat error of 0,2 ms. After running for about 16 hours since yesterday when I received it, the timegrapher numbers seem to be valid in real life situation. Movement feels and performs like my other Noob SA 4130.

Great feedback review! Thanks

betterthanSerge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
Errrrrrrm no, I just haven’t set the correct date on my new toy. Quite hard to have a pic of a CF daytona from 2 years ago since they’ve just been released mate.

Ok thank you for the clarification.
About CF releasing Daytonas in the past: I don't want to create a debate, I know that you are an extraordinarily good modder, and great contributor to this forum. I follow it since many years, I just don't contribute much because I think that I don't have much to say, especially compared to most of the very well informed senior members of RWI. That said, I'm pretty sure that in the past CF produced ref.116500.

I asked my question to you because I wanted to deepen my knowledge with regards to CF timepieces' reliability, either in short or long time.
Again, thank you for your answer.

B.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm pretty sure that in the past CF produced ref.116500.

Sorry mate but I think you're either confusing with another factory or maybe what you remember is that CF have been manufacturing for years Daytona bezels, both ceramic and steel. But this is their first Daytona rep (and zzf before clean didn't have one either)

Reactions: betterthanSerge

betterthanSerge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
Sorry mate but I think you're either confusing with another factory or maybe what you remember is that CF have been manufacturing for years Daytona bezels, both ceramic and steel. But this is their first Daytona rep (and zzf before clean didn't have one either)

Yep after my reply to Nikz19 I became more hesitant, went on past threads here and seen that the only thing produced by CF and relatable to Daytonas were the bezels. Thank you Tobel, both of you (obviously) aere right. Apologies Nikz19, as previously declared I didn't want to generate discussions. At the contrary: in the future, if I'll pull the trigger on this current 116500 I could contact you in order to benefit from your expertise.

Have a nice day guys,

B.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yep after my reply to Nikz19 I became more hesitant, went on past threads here and seen that the only thing produced by CF and relatable to Daytonas were the bezels. Thank you Tobel, both of you (obviously) aere right. Apologies Nikz19, as previously declared I didn't want to generate discussions. At the contrary: in the future, if I'll pull the trigger on this current 116500 I could contact you in order to benefit from your expertise.

Have a nice day guys,

B.

No worries at all man we're all here to learn from each other :)

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
[mention]Tony Clifton [/mention] i was waiting for your review! You have worked on many arf and noob daytonas..
thanks mate

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

thinker1

26/11/17
Tony Clifton which rehaut engraving is better Noob or Clean, compared to gen?

Here is comparison between Gen and Noob V3 rehaut. Gen on right.

58b4badae824b830ca4ba6fc8296ce32.jpg

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
[mention]Tony Clifton [/mention] i was waiting for your review! You have worked on many arf and noob daytonas..
thanks mate

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind words my friend!

Daytonas are the only replicas I have, so I know a little bit about these watches :D
Perfection is important for me, so all my watches (except the 116519, the ARF Panda and the meteorite dial which are all great as replica dials and unobtainable in Gen) have GEN dials, hands and steel bezels. Ceramic bezels are CF.

Honestly I bought the Clean only as a parts doner in case one of my Frankens has a movement problem. However I am very impressed with the watch. Yes nearly 800 USD is a lot of money for a replica, but think back about 2 or 3 years. To get an acceptable/good 116500 Panda we had to buy a Noob and an ARF and build hybrids (were about 1.100 Euro without watchsmith). Then the replica hands were trash, so you had to spent another 500 to 700 Euro for Chromalight hands. Then you had to buy the Clean bezel for about 130 EUR or a Gen steele bezle for 500 to 1000 EUR....

Now, except this weired top-pusher thing and the slightly to shallow SEL recess the watch is almost flawless. You do not even have to change the crystal gasket.
Will be waiting after CNY and then deceide if I will change the Noob midcases to CF over time.

Last edited:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

thank you very much friend, your knowledge here is useful to everyone, especially in a daytonas topic!

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thank you for your kind words my friend!

Daytonas are the only replicas I have, so I know a little bit about these watches :D
Perfection is important for me, so all my watches (except the 116519, the ARF Panda and the meteorite dial which are all great as replica dials and unobtainable in Gen) have GEN dials, hands and steel bezels. Ceramic bezels are CF.

Honestly I bought the Clean only as a parts doner in case one of my Frankens has a movement problem. However I am very impressed with the watch. Yes nearly 800 USD is a lot of money for a replica, but think back about 2 or 3 years. To get an acceptable/good 116500 Panda we had to buy a Noob and an ARF and build hybrids (were about 1.100 Euro without watchsmith). Then the replica hands were trash, so you had to spent another 500 to 700 Euro for Chromalight hands. Then you had to buy the Clean bezel for about 130 EUR or a Gen steele bezle for 500 to 1000 EUR....

Now, except this weired top-pusher thing and the slightly to shallow SEL recess the watch is almost flawless. You do not even have to change the crystal gasket.
Will be waiting after CNY and then deceide if I will change the Noob midcases to CF over time.

This. Very well said. I'm of the same feeling. I have a Hybrid Noob/ARF build, as well, and it was much more expensive than the Clean Daytona. The hybrid builds required additional time, shipping, cost, and effort. Much easier just to buy a Clean.

Last edited: