• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New 4130 Daytona Dial Pictures Leaks

BoulderJ

7/5/21
For those of you (including me) who have purchased a CF Daytona, I thought you might like to see what's inside. I sent my 116520 to watchservicesny for a full movement service and install of a gen dial, hands and crown. Mike did a thorough job (as usual) but found the waterproofing of the tube and pushers deficient (which he fixed). Here is a series of pictures from the teardown and service of the movement.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
in this photo you understand perfectly what I mean. the numbers and the bars that are imprinted in the counters of the CF are too evident, and it is as if they took away that black effect from the counters. They seem too full of writing. Main reason why I'm trying the BTF, besides the blue of the dial of course ...

i understand what you are saying but you cant judge from this photos on different lightnings but from side by side photos, i have one photo from reddit and one photo from one member here side by side pics with gen, cf vs gen and subdial prints are identical bro

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
i understand what you are saying but you cant judge from this photos on different lightnings but from side by side photos, i have one photo from reddit and one photo from one member here side by side pics with gen, cf vs gen and subdial prints are identical bro

CF and BTF are very close to the gen ... you just have to choose which flaws you can live with. I those of the CF identify them instantly :-(

Reactions: mmaggi

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
For those of you (including me) who have purchased a CF Daytona, I thought you might like to see what's inside. I sent my 116520 to watchservicesny for a full movement service and install of a gen dial, hands and crown. Mike did a thorough job (as usual) but found the waterproofing of the tube and pushers deficient (which he fixed). Here is a series of pictures from the teardown and service of the movement.

What do the dial and hands cost?

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Did you replace any movement parts with gen or high quality aftermarket parts? If so, which parts?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

I can promise you that the printing on the CF is not identical to the gen :)

I just finished putting together a white dial 116500 for my wife, and we ended up using the ARF dial over the CF, mainly because of the white/blue color, and the to thin text print.

There is variations in both rep and gen. But posting several pics, from the internet, with different levels of white balance is just nonsense.

the CF dial is a pretty good dial. Is it identical to a gen, No, is it to blue in the hue, Yes. End of story

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
CF and BTF are very close to the gen ... you just have to choose which flaws you can live with. I those of the CF identify them instantly :-(

BTF is better for you? I have a clean panda now and was going to swap bezel for steel and dial for a gen white Arabic dial

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
BRUH 120$ to waterproof a watch? On top of the service cost?

Edit: I re-read and saw that there was a problem with the tube lmao my bad

The owner of the watch has to read first and then put statements

I did charge him $120 for following
Install bezel, instal new tube/crown, fix the leak on the pushers (taking the out retaping thread and install them back) plus waterproof test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mari115 and Uhr70

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The owner of the watch has to read first and then put statements

I did charge him $120 for following
Install bezel, instal new tube/crown, fix the leak on the pushers (taking the out retaping thread and install them back) plus waterproof test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located in NY? If possible I could drop off a watch for service.