• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF new release 126618/126613 submariner with VS 3235 movement

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Looks like Nikz19 is going to be busy.
his work is first class and you seriously can’t tell his replating from gen when side by side. Get the nano coating to protect it and it’ll last for years, even when worn daily. The only issue will be the insert which will look cheddary and dark in low light. In fairness sort the insert and replate them and they’ll look pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: StreetFighter

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
You guys in Europe go Nikz19 !! Lucky well worth it especially for a vsf

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
The ring is 18k gold, however, beyond the gold you may like or not, re-plated or not, the watch is fabulous. I think this has definitively convinced me that the 126610 is better in all respects than the 116610.
sooner or later I will replace my 116610 LN with the 126610 LN. It is a pity that the 12 colored ones do not have the colored LV and LB dial.

this i will sell immediately as C&R in m2m. two-tone is not for me, or rather, yellow gold watches, in general, are not for me

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21

You guys in Europe go Nikz19 !! Lucky well worth it especially for a vsf
Nikz plating is second to none, even in poor natural indoor light, it’s incredible. The issue will be the insert, not sure how much a gen insert is?
Replate the VSF, replace the clasp and add a quality insert and it’ll look really good.

Reactions: All_Heart

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
[mention]Marky101 [/mention] Not just price of a new insert but finding one now that these are out, I think a lot of there will be a lot demand for them.

Reactions: Marky101

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
It is such a shame that the gold colour is so far off. It looks worse in daylight than it did indoors, and I haven't even received mine yet. I will have to find someone to do the re-plating in Canada. I wonder if a local non-watch-selling jeweler would take it on?

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
VSF had a YG gold tone issue on most models.
My TT Datejust was way too cheddar tone, got it replated (by Nikz needless to say) and the gold is much of a lighter yellow tone, closer to the real deal.

a966ecb7b97f939b58505e82eaba3d89.jpg

Still, nice two tone Subs nonetheless.

Last edited:

Patekki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/21
Netherlands
VSF had a YG gold tone issue on most models.
My TT Datejust was way too cheddar tone, got it replated (by Nikz needless to say) and the gold is much of a lighter yellow tone, closer to the real deal.

a966ecb7b97f939b58505e82eaba3d89.jpg

Still, nice two tone Subs nonetheless.

What does it cost to replated?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21

Nikz plating is second to none, even in poor natural indoor light, it’s incredible. The issue will be the insert, not sure how much a gen insert is?
Replate the VSF, replace the clasp and add a quality insert and it’ll look really good.

How much does he (Nikz) usuallycharge to re-plate to 18k YG? I think VSF went with 24k hence its too Yellow.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
How much does he (Nikz) usuallycharge to re-plate to 18k YG? I think VSF went with 24k hence its too Yellow.

Drop him a message, would guess it depends how much plating has to be done, full gold as in an all gold watch or if it’s just the centre Iinks.
Personally I don’t think the VSF gold colour resembles any gold, it’s not too yellow, it’s actually orange, always has been.

Patekki

9/12/21
Netherlands
Drop him a message, would guess it depends how much plating has to be done, full gold as in an all gold watch or if it’s just the centre Iinks.
Personally I don’t think the VSF gold colour resembles any gold, it’s not too yellow, it’s actually orange, always has been.

Does he has a site or something?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Mine arrived this morning, immediately got it sized and am loveing it.

Yes the gold plating is definitely darker than my gold ring (which is only 14k). But ultimately I like the darker color, I don't think it looks like cheddar lol but that's my opinion. Besides the color it's solidly built. Tho when checking the movement the threads on the caseback we're a little on the rough side.

Pene75

11/10/21
Tell me about it... same here.
I've got this since November:
I’ve got this haha :

« Receive foreign feedback. There are some packages at the cargo station that have not been mentioned, and after many investigations yesterday, it has been found that there is a possibility of loss of goods, so please make emergency plans. We will follow up on the latest situation »

I don't know after how many months they will tell me ok it's lost ^^

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I’ve got this haha :
jlwpR3.jpg

« Receive foreign feedback. There are some packages at the cargo station that have not been mentioned, and after many investigations yesterday, it has been found that there is a possibility of loss of goods, so please make emergency plans. We will follow up on the latest situation »

I don't know after how many months they will tell me ok it's lost ^^

At least there's an update, not stuck in blind limbo. But that update could just be the worst you ever get to see, pity. What does the TD say and did you file a complaint?

Last edited: