• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Can you take a picture? I have the gen 116520 white dial and would be happy to post pics for comparison :)

Thanks, i took some pic but somehow the effect/colour doesnt come up. I tried shining a torch at it and it also doesnt show up, maybe its just my house lights... they are setup something like a watch boutique's spotlight i reckon..

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22

In this situation, does the subdial reflection of the light source look a little 'colourful'?

I know I couldnt capture it with my phone cam.

Also noticed you seem to wear the watch instead of keeping it in storage, good on ya, such a beauty should be enjoyed :thumbsup:

Reactions: Uhr70

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Thanks, i took some pic but somehow the effect/colour doesnt come up. I tried shining a torch at it and it also doesnt show up, maybe its just my house lights... they are setup something like a watch boutique's spotlight i reckon..

Such a poor quality photo doesn’t help much. The usual Clean horrendous crystal completes the picture

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Such a poor quality photo doesn’t help much. The usual Clean horrendous crystal completes the picture

The Clean crystal is not at all horrendous, I compared it to my gen 116520 and there was no notable difference

Unlike some of their other references, the CF Daytona's crystal has no white edge for a start, and its transparency is good.

The only thing that it doesn't have is inner AR, but that is only a gap compared to the latest 116500. So definitely not an issue on 116520s and even 116500 up to 2/3 years ago had no AR so for me it's not an issue at all

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
The Clean crystal is not at all horrendous, I compared it to my gen 116520 and there was no notable difference

Unlike some of their other references, the CF Daytona's crystal has no white edge for a start, and its transparency is good.

The only thing that it doesn't have is inner AR, but that is only a gap compared to the latest 116500. So definitely not an issue on 116520s and even 116500 up to 2/3 years ago had no AR so for me it's not an issue at all

Mate, the problem is that shit AR that Clean crystals have. At some angles and in some light conditions the crystal seems blurred. Not to mention the blue effect on 116500 V.1.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Mate, the problem is that shit AR that Clean crystals have. At some angles and in some light conditions the crystal seems blurred. Not to mention the blue effect on 116500 V.1.

Clean crystals have no AR, that's one reason folks have been interested in the BTF. And the blue effect as you say is due to the colour of the dial, not the crystal

You may not like the CF Daytona and that's your right, but there's nothing wrong with their crystal

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01 and Uhr70

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Clean crystals have no AR, that's one reason folks have been interested in the BTF. And the blue effect as you say is due to the colour of the dial, not the crystal

You may not like the CF Daytona and that's your right, but there's nothing wrong with their crystal

It has been established that the Clean V.1 dial problem is the crystal.

Read here:
BTF and Clean Panda daytona upgraded!!!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...php?tid=10695070&share_type=t&link_source=app

Zox42

Looking Around
9/7/21
Hi,

I've just got a Clean V1.5 Daytona (new Dial, old crown). When stopwatch is running, stopwatch minute hand (right subdial) is not properly aligned with minute markers. When the stopwatch is in reset position, it is perfectly aligned, however as soon as I start a stopwatch it immediately move stopwatch minute hand ever so slightly to the right and consequently every new minute is misaligned with the markers. Does anybody know what should I do? Is it a common problem even with a gen?

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Mines for sale over on RWG. Lovely watch but wish I had gone for white dial.
0e225a159aec624136177dfaf6da3ee1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk