• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Honestly this IS the best ootb rep lately. It is almost 99.9 gen look and feel for this low price. I have compare with gen.
the white on the dial is also correct since there are various white on gen in different year. So does the lugs shape.
if you get a used gen that would not even be a matter , since they most likely polished it berfore reselling.
only upgrade would be a brushed pusher inside of a polish one. Its a simple mod the brush the pusher anyways.
the lume is also a next level , super bright and easy to glow.
on gen , markers and hands will look a bit brown in most lighting because its white gold.

Reactions: alilondon

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Honestly this IS the best ootb rep lately. It is almost 99.9 gen look and feel for this low price. I have compare with gen.
the white on the dial is also correct since there are various white on gen in different year. So does the lugs shape.
if you get a used gen that would not even be a matter , since they most likely polished it berfore reselling.
only upgrade would be a brushed pusher inside of a polish one. Its a simple mod the brush the pusher anyways.
on gen , markers and hands will look a bit brown in most lighting because its white gold.

Hi sir, You own a gen panda? could you post high resolution photos side by side to contribute this thread :D would be great..

Reactions: Bobi01 and P..DR..D

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20

99.9 is a massive exaggeration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy and impressed with what Clean have done for the money. But to be objective, there are differences. There are clear tells for anyone who knows what they're looking for vs gen. Probably closer to 92%-95% (ignoring the movement).

That nothing against Clean, and is still by the best rep ootb. It doesn't stop me enjoying the watch, but purely for the sake of knowledge for the hobbyists.

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
99.9 is a massive exaggeration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy and impressed with what Clean have done for the money. But to be objective, there are differences. There are clear tells for anyone who knows what they're looking for vs gen. Probably closer to 92%-95% (ignoring the movement).

That nothing against Clean, and is still by the best rep ootb. It doesn't stop me enjoying the watch, but purely for the sake of knowledge for the hobbyists.

Would be interested to learn about the clear tells you're talking about, just to increase my knowledge...

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Picasso74

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Would be interested to learn about the clear tells you're talking about, just to increase my knowledge...

Thanks in advance

Well if you go trough the 3-4 different treads about this release, there is plenty of information on the different "tells" on this release.

If its a clear tell or not, depends on your definition. To make it simple, not one single details is correct on this watch. Everything is slighty off, compared to the gen. But most of the differences isent imo obvious.

On the wrist, no one is going to notice. But if you start posting photos on social media, yes, its fairly easy to spot the differences.

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
Any sign of 116520 white QC anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo2000

Horology Curious
26/12/21
I’m having a Déjà vu… apple vs android

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Received mine today. Very happy and impressed. Pushers feel better than my Noob V4.
Text print on dial on par with my ARF V2 panda.

Crown on dial looks flatter for CF though.

Here it is next to ARF, tried to capture the difference between the two white.
jXsxEF.jpg

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Received mine today. Very happy and impressed. Pushers feel better than my Noob V4.
Text print on dial on par with my ARF V2 panda.

Crown on dial looks flatter for CF though.

Here it is next to ARF, tried to capture the difference between the two white.
jXsxEF.jpg

You can definetly see what i talked about 5 line text
Rolex print is ok but all text under rolex is too bold
on the gens you can see bolder rolex and thinner text under rolex

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Not evident on pictures but I found the Daytona red on CF too light. ARF looks more blood drop, like gen. Am I the only one seeing this?

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
You can definetly see what i talked about 5 line text
Rolex print is ok but all text under rolex is too bold
on the gens you can see bolder rolex and thinner text under rolex

Not in all gens, bro
jXvWnF.jpg

... and yes, Daytona lettering is thinner in CF than in gen, but I like it

Last edited:

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Well if you go trough the 3-4 different treads about this release, there is plenty of information on the different "tells" on this release.

If its a clear tell or not, depends on your definition. To make it simple, not one single details is correct on this watch. Everything is slighty off, compared to the gen. But most of the differences isent imo obvious.

On the wrist, no one is going to notice. But if you start posting photos on social media, yes, its fairly easy to spot the differences.

Pretty much this, everything has been gone over in detail on this thread.
I must clarify my use of the word 'clear', most of the tells can't be detected by someone else from a few feet away. But I don't buy these watches to pose and fool other people so don't care what others think, just myself. What I mean by 'clear' is an inspection by yourself with the naked eye or taking a decent picture, if you have the knowledge.
A tell that I haven't really seen being discussed on this thread is how off the coronet still is. To quote Nikz 'Coronet is flat and doesn’t look anywhere near gen'. But no rep has ever gotten this right, so nothing against Clean.

99.9% suggests there is a single minor, minor almost imperceptible difference, requiring heavy magnification, which is wrong.

I agree with 2841, post the watch on social media and it'll be immediately called out (not that I suggest it), which clearly shows there still a non-negligible gap to the real thing.

But yes, on the wrist, no one will notice, which I suspect is what most members are concerned with. 92% - 95% is extremely respectable for like 3% of the price of gen.

Reactions: 2841

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
The watch in real life looks way way better then the QC pics you see on here. Yes if you do a very close up shot of it vs gen . You will find a bit of different in quality . But in real life even if you are holding the watch looking with your eyes only, you probably wouldnt see the different. Only real difference is just the polised pushers.
The other cons that ppl point out is that Gen rolex use a few different factory for dial and hands. There are different versions.
if you want real feedback of the watch , you should ask members who actually have the clean tona , other then just comparing it on pics. Pic just dont judge this watch
I believe not even a AD would be able to tell its rep. Only people who can tell even by looking at pics are RWI member.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
if you are holding the watch looking with your eyes only, you probably wouldnt see the different

That's because you don't know where to look or what to look for lol

It's a well made rep for sure, but you can still tell from gen, you might argue it's very difficult to do that in nature, of course, but there still are plenty of consistent differences

Reactions: greenbeans

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys do you find that the engraving of the reference between the lugs is wrong?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk