• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
The bezel looks fine here, I wouldn't be too concerned with this.
I agree though, I would get the chrono hand sorted.

Is getting the chrono hand sorted an easy fix? Like I say, I have a watchsmith local to me who does rep work. But only ever used him for swapping out bezel inserts etc - never anything mechanical.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Is getting the chrono hand sorted an easy fix? Like I say, I have a watchsmith local to me who does rep work. But only ever used him for swapping out bezel inserts etc - never anything mechanical.

absolutely yes, your watchmaker gets it right without any problem

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Don’t know about gen vs rep differences but doesn’t look too shabby I suppose:

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Not at all , awesome wrist shot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

Eseips

5/4/16
Mine shipped on the 7th. Any Recent experiences regarding lead time, shipping to Europe by jtime? I'm inpatient AF.

Eseips

5/4/16
Give it another 3 to 7 business days ????????

Haha sure, I got used to lead times of 3-4 weeks, no issue. Just checking the tracking 10 times as day after all those magnificent QC posted here, i cant wait :D gonna get it serviced though. I actually thought about learning how to service but I guess the 4130 is not an easy one to start.

Federico II

Horology Curious
9/11/21
Hello. Some days ago I saw on this forum that ARF release a new update version of daytona.

Now I don’t fine the thread.

is guys better the clean or the ARF Daytona ? Please could you link here the ARF thread ?

thanks

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
Hello. Some days ago I saw on this forum that ARF release a new update version of daytona.

Now I don’t fine the thread.

is guys better the clean or the ARF Daytona ? Please could you link here the ARF thread ?

thanks

Were fake news. Don’t bother looking up. CF the best out there as today

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Don't like how the ceramic bezel doesn't have a SS edge, received a Bakelite bezel from Phong for when C gets the sub dials correct.

Didnt know Phong did bakelite bezels for modern Daytonas, only really knew him for the vintage parts. Please post pics once you get it installed!

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Will do!
It's not new, likely a take off, same bezel fits both 16520 and 116520.

PastyMan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
CONUS
I’m in a dilemma. Help!

Received QC’s, looks acceptable. Couple of very minor alignments off but good enough. Amplitude seems a little low at 275 and it’s -6 slow…. Am I expecting to much…. Hoping amp above 290 and +\- 4 . Have purchased 4 other reps with those parameters including a Noob v4.

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
I wouldn't put too much stock into what the QC timegraph shows. In order to really assess what kind of normal amplitude your watch is running at, you need a full wind on the mainspring and then amplitude measured in different positions. I doubt any of the dealers do any more than a couple of shakes to get the watch running from rotor oscillation to demonstrate that the watch is working.

Reactions: PastyMan

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I’m in a dilemma. Help!

Received QC’s, looks acceptable. Couple of very minor alignments off but good enough. Amplitude seems a little low at 275 and it’s -6 slow…. Am I expecting to much…. Hoping amp above 290 and +\- 4 . Have purchased 4 other reps with those parameters including a Noob v4.

Amplitude is a little low but could be they haven't wound up the watch enough. Ask your TD to wind it up more and redo the test
for accuracy, COSC certified watches run at -4/+6s / day so yes you're expecting too much from a rep