• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Don't like how the ceramic bezel doesn't have a SS edge, received a Bakelite bezel from Phong for when C gets the sub dials correct.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I must say i am very impressed with this watch unfortunately i never got a chance to grab a NOOB but I am not disappointed. Much nicer than the subs.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
jPEYBK.jpg

I already have the QCs available. What do you think about it? Are the subdial correct in your opinion?

The 3 marker seems a bit crocked, other than that it is perfect

Last edited:
Reactions: mraccountant

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Anyone has taken off the bracelet of the most recent batch and checked if they finally fixed the wrong engraving „116503“?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Finally got everything aligned
Now waiting for it to arrive safely with solid beating heart lol
Just in case If the movement start to give up or loose screw start to fly over,, who is the best conus watchsmith? I looked over supporting vendors they seems to be off or am I missing something last I time I serviced a watch long time ago 4yrs
a7b0d1cd149773a6585d6bff09e94031.jpg

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Just in case If the movement start to give up or loose screw start to fly over,, who is the best conus watchsmith? I looked over supporting vendors they seems to be off or am I missing something last I time I serviced a watch long time ago 4yrs
a7b0d1cd149773a6585d6bff09e94031.jpg

Watchservicesny and oascom get all the plaudits. I can wholeheartedly recommend Mikal at watchservicesny who did a great job on my noob v4.

Reactions: Gaberusa

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Plus 1 on watchservicesny. Oscom does not service 4130. I just had my 2 noobs serviced. Will have them
back them this upcoming thursday

eltrinita

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/7/20
guys, what do you about the rehaut on the clean Daytona compared to the noob ? Im doing a franken 116520 and the clean rehaut seems a bit strange for me ...
Here are some pics
JbXyQMH
jPcsdK
jPcMI8
jPcuxv

eltrinita

INMATE
3/7/20
guys, what do you about the rehaut on the clean Daytona compared to the noob ? Im doing a franken 116520 and the clean rehaut seems a bit strange for me ...
Here some pics

cec042f5b7bec1ceaca6a28c0a38daee.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

eltrinita

INMATE
3/7/20

Daytofan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/21

Hi Gaberusa
Have you asked to realign the bezel, or was it out of the box ok?

I received my QC pics, and for me it is not alligned, but I don't wont to RL... It looks like the QC from greenbeans

Pippo9

17/11/16
Took the plunge and just received my QCs. Definitely more money than I ever thought I'd find myself spending on a rep.........

Anyway, got a couple of questions around alignment on this one (I've tried to stick to the bits that I know I will look at on the wrist and will bug me if not right).

12 o'clock the hand doesn't align quite 100% vs coronet / bezel - how easy a fix would this be (bearing in mind I live very close by to one of the well-respected watchsmiths on the forum)?

Secondly, the markers at 3 and 9 don't align vs bezel. Given the angular slope of the bezel, I imagine this can distort things. What are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for clarifying the above items.

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
Took the plunge and just received my QCs. Definitely more money than I ever thought I'd find myself spending on a rep.........

Anyway, got a couple of questions around alignment on this one (I've tried to stick to the bits that I know I will look at on the wrist and will bug me if not right).

12 o'clock the hand doesn't align quite 100% vs coronet / bezel - how easy a fix would this be (bearing in mind I live very close by to one of the well-respected watchsmiths on the forum)?

Secondly, the markers at 3 and 9 don't align vs bezel. Given the angular slope of the bezel, I imagine this can distort things. What are people's thoughts on this?

Looks like your chrono is slightly off left too?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

jTzSTR.jpg

Yours seems off just a tiny teetsie bit, not as much as the previous poster greenbeans. I could live with it.

Last edited:

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17

From same pics it seems to be wokky…

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Hi Gaberusa
Have you asked to realign the bezel, or was it out of the box ok?

I received my QC pics, and for me it is not alligned, but I don't wont to RL... It looks like the QC from greenbeans

Yes I asked for a better bezel alignment only. I specifically asked to change the bezel only not to to replace the watch because I liked the SEL and the hours index.
If you have more than one issue with the watch, kindly ask for another one and point the issues to be avoided on the next watch.
As far as I know CF bezel are sold individually, so that’s why I asked for a bezel replacement only. It depends on who’s your TD and what he is willing for.

Daytofan

30/12/21
Yes I asked for a better bezel alignment only. I specifically asked to change the bezel only not to to replace the watch because I liked the SEL and the hours index.
If you have more than one issue with the watch, kindly ask for another one and point the issues to be avoided on the next watch.
As far as I know CF bezel are sold individually, so that’s why I asked for a bezel replacement only. It depends on who’s your TD and what he is willing for.

Hi,

thank you for your answer. My TD is Jtime. I wrote back asking if they can align the bezel. Hope I get a positive answer.
What do you actually write then? QC accepted, send me the watch, or what is the "official" wording? :confused:

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Hi,

thank you for your answer. My TD is Jtime. I wrote back asking if they can align the bezel. Hope I get a positive answer.
What do you actually write then? QC accepted, send me the watch, or what is the "official" wording? :confused:

Don’t Worry with Jtime they will do their best to get you what you want. And talk normally nothing serious or formal lol