• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20

Hey guys, I got my second round of QC.

Just wanted your take, is the bezel misaligned or is it just me?

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
My CF Daytona (less than 2 weeks since delivery) has started to run intermittently. I’m currently on vacation (warm humid climate) and I don’t have my tools to open the caseback to check if there’s something as obvious as an extra screw jammed in the balance spring. However, I suspect it might be something more subtle.

When I first noticed it had stopped I thought it might have simply wound down (I had taken it off for several hours to go swimming and had been wearing a different rep earlier that day). So I undid the crown and gave it a dozen winds. The second hand in the sundial started moving and I gave it a few more winds for good measure then re-screwed the crown and put it back on my wrist.

I checked the time a few minutes later and noticed the second had had stopped exactly where it had been stopped before. The minute hand had not advanced more than a minute. So it looks like me winding the watch made it run for exactly 60 seconds.

i undid the crown again, thinking that maybe the dozen or so winds I gave it weren’t enough, and gave it about 30 winds. The seconds hand started moving again.

i checked the time a few minutes later and I saw that the minute hand had advanced but the second had was again stopped, this time in a different spot.

i figured that at this point adding more energy to the mainspring wasn’t a good idea. So I took the watch off and put on another rep. I’ve had the Daytona sitting on the bedside table for the last few minutes as I type this and it appears to still be running.

question: has anybody who’s also received a clean Daytona experienced this or anything like it? Has anybody ever experienced a rep not working in a different climate?

Seems like lots of movement issues cropping up... Is this an issue or should we put this down to being rep luck?

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
greenbeans
you can ask then to realignt it for you,i know few of them got aligned bezel from li

Thanks a lot for the input.
I'll ask Lana. I don't particularly want to RL again as I already RL'ed one, and CNY around the corner it'll be another month delay...
Thanks I'll give it a try.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I never looked at 4130 movement but this sounds like the chronograph finger or some kind of spring is not well adjusted. Probably needs a service. Is the time keeping still correct?

I don’t have a Timegrapher with me to check. But it ran overnight (8 hours) without visually losing time. So it feels like the time keeping is still accurate.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

I already have the QCs available. What do you think about it? Are the subdial correct in your opinion?

Subdials on white dial doesnt have issues from
begining… brw everything is perfectly aligned,perfect

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
Brother you got one very very nice QC sample i must say, you got even slightly recessed sels,best so far

ahahaha so you make me excited so much! my only doubt was about the subdials..I see them a little too many punches..but it will be my impression

Sent from the RWI App

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
Looks spot on to my enthusiastic amateur eye. Enjoy it when it lands. Jealous….

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
Brother you got one very very nice QC sample i must say, you got even slightly recessed sels,best so far

ahahaha so you make me excited so much! my only doubt was about the subdials..I see them a little too many punches..but it will be my impression

Sent from the RWI App