• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

McPwn

21/9/20
There's distinct difference between the shape of the Clean Daytona (panda - right) vs. Noob v4 Daytona (black dial - left) lug shape. I don't know which one is more "gen-like"... but I noticed that the Clean lug has a more "hooked beak" shape, whereas the lug on the Noob v4 has a flatter bottom. I can't tell if there are other differences, and this difference only became obvious to me when I had both bracelets off and compared the cases closely. I felt I would share with y'all.
Sorry for photo spam... I figured I'd take a few pics from multiple angles for reference since I'll have the bracelets back on again in a few minutes.

Thanks bro.. you can see here the Noob has a much sharper and steeper angle of the lugs, whereas clean is more rounded and has a gradual slope

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
There's distinct difference between the shape of the Clean Daytona (panda - right) vs. Noob v4 Daytona (black dial - left) lug shape. I don't know which one is more "gen-like"... but I noticed that the Clean lug has a more "hooked beak" shape, whereas the lug on the Noob v4 has a flatter bottom. I can't tell if there are other differences, and this difference only became obvious to me when I had both bracelets off and compared the cases closely. I felt I would share with y'all.
Sorry for photo spam... I figured I'd take a few pics from multiple angles for reference since I'll have the bracelets back on again in a few minutes.

here is genuine for comparison, I think CF win here

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Please don't quote the whole posts with all the pics, it's incredibly spammy

Well I did it on purpose, because there’s a comparison photos in it. So nothing spammy. You can say that if someone quotes a whole post with one word like thanks or great, but for a comparison there is nothing wrong with it…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RiffRalf and Pizzo

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I hope you don't add more pics to your signature bro or it gonna be a nightmare to scroll down lool.

Lol bro that's because you are on the mobile version and it ruins the layout, they are horizontal and occupy basically the same space as your signature in the desktop version :p:p:p

I'm pretty sure that tapatalk doesn't change the layout that way LOL
jC53PQ.png

jC5H0L.png

Last edited:

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
QC arrived today. Everything was good but Rejected for misaligned bezel
Even if I tried to align it will not align with the 9 o’clock side
65ddd73f0cb838b744471b238d74618e.jpg

3662a93cb1b785f1f43b55f8614c10cc.png

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
From the pics it looks great btw.

Since they basically mastered the 116500 (white dial, the black dial one is not buyable because of the trash subdials), I see no reason for them not to release a flawless 116520, either in black or white.

If they actually decide to release the old bracelet with the 78490 clasp and thin hands it's gonna be awesome.

There are basically no "high quality" reps with that kind of bracelet or thin hands, so, if you were to sand down the rehaut as well, you'd get an awesome early (before 2007) daytona with close to no expense, and it's gonna be way more "genlike" since even people who know that reps are a thing or know about gens wouldn't be used to see these kind of reps at all.

Hopefully they release it with the "superluminova" style dials, in order for them to be period correct

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU
QC arrived today. Everything was good but Rejected for misaligned bezel
Even if I tried to align it will not align with the 9 o’clock side

So bad ... sure is not very misaligned, the SEL are good and all index too

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
So bad ... sure is not very misaligned, the SEL are good and all index too

I asked them if they can align it, or have better aligned bezel.
You think they will change the bezel or they replace the whole watch
That’s why I asked to only change the bezel not to reject the watch

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I asked them if they can align it, or have better aligned bezel.
You think they will change the bezel or they replace the whole watch
That’s why I asked to only change the bezel not to reject the watch

It's all a matter of time and effort. It is probably less of an effort for them to just grab the next watch and send you a QC of that than to try and realign the bezel.
But what do I know....

BTW I agree that you RLed it. I often roll my eyes about the perceived flaws that people see but this would bug me as well.

Reactions: Gaberusa

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
It's all a matter of time and effort. It is probably less of an effort for them to just grab the next watch and send you a QC of that than to try and realign the bezel.
But what do I know....

BTW I agree that you RLed it. I often roll my eyes about the perceived flaws that people see but this would bug me as well.

This is the first Rep watch I ever rejected. I wanted to be a little picky for 800$ I wanted at least most visible thing to be aligned which is possible to get one. I always put my eyes on the hour markers and the bezel. Generally I have OCD with visible misalignment the rest of the watch is acceptable. Still rocking my black dial ARF and I only pulled trigger on this one because its time for the ARF to retire
80df74416f1f14050d03a100776af5da.jpg

Reactions: RiffRalf

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
This is the first Rep watch I ever rejected. I wanted to be a little picky for 800$ I wanted at least most visible thing to be aligned which is possible to get one. I always put my eyes on the hour markers and the bezel. Generally I have OCD with visible misalignment the rest of the watch is acceptable. Still rocking my black dial ARF and I only pulled trigger on this one because its time for the ARF to retire
80df74416f1f14050d03a100776af5da.jpg

Still looks good...