• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Gen is perfectly symmetrical.

Except it's not lol

Most of the time it is, or at least it should be, but I've seen many gens with spacing problems and symmetry issues, especially regarding the crown on the dial or the crown on the rehaut.

Those are the least of this release's problems

Last edited:

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
The crown is fixed to the dial and if you look at the minute markers on each side, the one on the right is not on top of the crown which tells me the crown is placed slightly more to the right. Gen is perfectly symmetrical.

Understood, I’ve just had to go and get my two Arf Daytona’s to look at mine. To be completely honest (I’m sure you’ll agree when you finally get your first rep) any mis alignment is quite simply not visible (to me) with the naked eye. I’ve been staring at mine and I still don’t know if they are perfect or not but to honest I don’t care. I appreciate your expectations are greater than mine and I really hope you manage to find the watch for you.

All the best

Reactions: kennyt

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Will that help me get lucky and get a reliable chronograph that I can use daily?

No

keep in mind that the daily Used watch needs a ~300 Dollar Service within 5 years. Quality of bracelet Pins is Not clear, you May need a replacemnt Strap or bracelet. Nobody is laughing, it seems that you have absolutely no Idea what it means to buy and wear Rep Like this

Reactions: mari115

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
No

keep in mind that the daily Used watch needs a ~300 Dollar Service within 5 years. Quality of bracelet Pins is Not clear, you May need a replacemnt Strap or bracelet. Nobody is laughing, it seems that you have absolutely no Idea what it means to buy and wear Rep Like this

Spot on, please don’t think you pay your money once and then wear it for the next 10 years maintenance/cost free.

Reactions: mari115

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
After the fatter subdials now i try and also can't see the misalignment, i have lost my nitpicking abilities

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
After the fatter subdials now i try and also can't see the misalignment, i have lost my nitpicking abilities

You are better off without them lol. I amazed that some people will reject QC over a crown that is off by half a mm or whatever. If you are lucky, you naked eye from a few inches away can barely see it. You are looking at a high res photo that is zoomed in many times. In real life it would be impossible to see by you or anyone that might call you out

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why is everyone laughing at me for saving up for my dream watch. A fully functional reliable automatic chronograph with a sapphire crystal, 904L stainless steel and a gorgeous ceramic bezel.

This watch costs me almost $870 after 5% credit card fees + shipping.

A brand new Hamilton/Tissot with a Swiss 7750 movement will cost about the same.

Can I share my QC photos with someone please? They should arrive by this weekend. My TD said he will pop the case back open and take good photos of my movement.

Will that help me get lucky and get a reliable chronograph that I can use daily?
No offence but you sound like your. Going to be a nightmare for a TD if something breaks on your watch which can happen. You don't buy a rep chronograph if reliability is high on your list of prioritys

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why is everyone laughing at me for saving up for my dream watch. A fully functional reliable automatic chronograph with a sapphire crystal, 904L stainless steel and a gorgeous ceramic bezel.

This watch costs me almost $870 after 5% credit card fees + shipping.

A brand new Hamilton/Tissot with a Swiss 7750 movement will cost about the same.

Can I share my QC photos with someone please? They should arrive by this weekend. My TD said he will pop the case back open and take good photos of my movement.

We're not laughing at you, it's just that you don't listen to any advice that you're getting here because they are not what you want to hear.

Several members have taken time to answer your questions and you wasted their time and advice.

That's why you're are getting people annoyed/upset, not because this watch is expensive for you
Once again there are rules about QC pics, which despite being told about you seem not to have read, so there's not point asking again if you can ask people to QC your watch (even less so QC the movement which doesn't make any sense). You're not the only newbie and you're not the only one for whom $800 is a lot of money, but you sure are one of the few that can't behave properly and respect others and this forum
if you don't understand that buying a gen over the counter in a legit place - potentially with a warranty - is not the same thing as buying an illegal replica that is manufactured in an underground Chinese warehouse where quality control is widely different from Switzerland's, then there is nothing we can do for you

and by the way there's plenty of Hamilton Chrono under 1k, just one of many here as an example:
https://chrono24.app/hamilton/hamilt...GB&SETCURR=USD

Last edited:

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
Just to add to the excellent advice you’ve received above. I’ve just read this on another thread and I thought it relevant to our friend whilst hopefully being relevant to the original purpose of this thread.

Credit to Tribefan here but I don’t know how to tag him ????

“I've seen I've seen three different guys with broken balance staffs on Noob Daytona's. Fix is find a new 4130 clone, last I looked they were $1000 on Ali, or a gen balance assembly, good luck with that. Yet folks couldn't spend $1200-1500 fast enough to get one when Noob went tits up.

Always a personal choice on how much you want to risk. I have a few $300-400 watches that I will be SOL on if they break, but to drop $1200 on one watch that can never be fixed would really suckthree different guys with broken balance staffs on Noob Daytona's. Fix is find a new 4130 clone, last I looked they were $1000 on Ali, or a gen balance assembly, good luck with that. Yet folks couldn't spend $1200-1500 fast enough to get one when Noob went tits up.

Always a personal choice on how much you want to risk. I have a few $300-400 watches that I will be SOL on if they break, but to drop $1200 on one watch that can never be fixed would really suck.”

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
Uuups seem to have messed up my copy and paste but hopefully you get the point….sorry

Reactions: Tobel

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I also thought back and forth for a long time whether I should buy a Chrono Daytona or not, as it is a lot of money for me too.
If you don't need the Chrono because you have a smartphone, but would like to have the Chrono so that you have the feeling of the complete watch, there is no getting around Clean aktuell.

Sure it remains a toy, but hey, that's life. You never know what you're going to get.

Daytofan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/21
You are better off without them lol. I amazed that some people will reject QC over a crown that is off by half a mm or whatever. If you are lucky, you naked eye from a few inches away can barely see it. You are looking at a high res photo that is zoomed in many times. In real life it would be impossible to see by you or anyone that might call you out
In general, I agree with you. But it's also often a mental thing.You know there's a mistake, then you always look directly at it. Like a dead pixel in the monitor, or clouding in the LCD TV. Some people are bothered by it, others don't see it at all. Personally, I am extremely bothered by the 24p judder when the camera pans.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21

Here are photos of the CF White Dial for your reference of the new release

Reactions: Gaberusa

Samgobigs

11/2/20
An honest question: what’s the expected lifespan of the 4130? Someone said 5-10years above, but some people seem to think that’s unrealistic?

From what I read the 4130 from Dandong is regarded as a high quality movement. Assuming it’s serviced, that is complete disassembled, cleaned, and put back together by a competent watchsmith is 5-10year life span that unrealistic?

Perhaps fellow Noob owners with the same 4130 movement can chime in on their actual experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
There's distinct difference between the shape of the Clean Daytona (panda - right) vs. Noob v4 Daytona (black dial - left) lug shape. I don't know which one is more "gen-like"... but I noticed that the Clean lug has a more "hooked beak" shape, whereas the lug on the Noob v4 has a flatter bottom. I can't tell if there are other differences, and this difference only became obvious to me when I had both bracelets off and compared the cases closely. I felt I would share with y'all.
Sorry for photo spam... I figured I'd take a few pics from multiple angles for reference since I'll have the bracelets back on again in a few minutes.