• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
What a great shots,
Can you please do a lume shot with low light mode
That would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I hope so, I prefer the post 2013 design

While I agree with this, it would be cool if they gave us the old bracelet and slim hands, so that we could sand the rehaut in order to remove the engravings (and lower it if it's too tall), so that we can make a period correct early 116520 with close to no expense

McPwn

21/9/20
Brother i already asked you to do that
Are the endlinks on cf(arf) bracelet on your samples also wobble when you move it with fingers? And is it clean bracelet better finished on the edges than noob?
and those pictures doesnt show better recession to be honest bro,maybe if you can bend spring bars so they push endlinks lower

So it is you who asked that before!

ARF is not wobbely at the endlinks. However, the bracelet in general is lighter than noob. When comparing to my gen I honestly do not see the issues people are talking about , my conclusion that CF has done tremendous job for a first batch. With some modding and gen parts you'll have the best result

If you were happy with noob, CF will rock your world

Mine has no wobble on the SEL. The SEL fitment is very tight, impressive. All the edges of the links are polished so there are no sharp edges. Bracelet definitely lives up to the pricepoint.

kennyt

Horology Curious
30/11/21
Center of what? ;-)
You know, how the Gen looks?

My QC is exactly the same and I rejected it. The one from trusty QC pics in this thread has the crown perfectly placed.
Do I know how the Gen looks? ????

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
While I agree with this, it would be cool if they gave us the old bracelet and slim hands, so that we could sand the rehaut in order to remove the engravings (and lower it if it's too tall), so that we can make a period correct early 116520 with close to no expense

Well I guess we need both :D

Reactions: mari115

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21

My QC is exactly the same and I rejected it. The one from trusty QC pics in this thread has the crown perfectly placed.

I’m pretty sure the watch is simply rotated slightly to the right leavingbthe left side slightly closer to the camera. You can clearly see more of rehaut at 3 than 9

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
Why is everyone laughing at me for saving up for my dream watch. A fully functional reliable automatic chronograph with a sapphire crystal, 904L stainless steel and a gorgeous ceramic bezel.

This watch costs me almost $870 after 5% credit card fees + shipping.

A brand new Hamilton/Tissot with a Swiss 7750 movement will cost about the same.

Can I share my QC photos with someone please? They should arrive by this weekend. My TD said he will pop the case back open and take good photos of my movement.

Will that help me get lucky and get a reliable chronograph that I can use daily?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

You rejected the watch because of this? Wow. I hope, your TD will block your number ;-)
Honestly - you should search another hobby. How about nitpicking?

Do you?

Are these CF or Gen?

Solution: Both are Gen

Last edited:

kennyt

Horology Curious
30/11/21
I’m pretty sure the watch is simply rotated slightly to the right leavingbthe left side slightly closer to the camera. You can clearly see more of rehaut at 3 than 9

The crown is fixed to the dial and if you look at the minute markers on each side, the one on the right is not on top of the crown which tells me the crown is placed slightly more to the right. Gen is perfectly symmetrical.

kennyt

Horology Curious
30/11/21
You rejected the watch because of this? Wow. I hope, your TD will block your number ;-)
Honestly - you should search another hobby. How about nitpicking?

Do you?

Are these CF or Gen?

I would not if it’s a $300-400 watch. It’s a $900 watch so my expectations are higher, simple as that.

Reactions: PastyMan

takks

7/8/15
Gen crystal makes dial popped up and shows it whiter in the shade.
8a034e77d1009504e4e5bb13af128434.jpg