• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
I saved all year for a nice piece.. I always wanted a nice Hamilton automatic chronograph but it’s hard to find one under $1000…

i have dreamed about an automatic chronograph watch under $800 and it’s finally come true

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
He was the first dealer I have ever had had send photos of the watch with the case back open. His sample also did look better than the other dealer's QC photos I received. I will post pictures on the forum after I receive it.

I let Marvelous know that I saved almost 2 years for a high quality rep and begged him to open the watch and inspect every gear… I am not as financially fortunate as many of you here

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I let Marvelous know that I saved almost 2 years for a high quality rep and begged him to open the watch and inspect every gear… I am not as financially fortunate as many of you here

It's a pleasure to see that you are reading our answers to your questions and considering that there may be some value in our comments.

It has nothing to do with being financially fortunate or not. If you can't afford to lose this amount, you shouldn't be spending it.

Anyway if you're not going to listen to anything, please at least stop spamming this thread. It's a thread about the Clean Daytona, not about your personal transaction with your dealer

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany

Mate, stay away from a complicated Rep Like this. Buy an easy fixable miyota 8215 or 2813 Rep. Rep movements dies or make Trouble. The 4130 is by far the Most expensive movement in Case of repair. If 200 Dollar really Matters you wont have fun with this Clean Daytona Rep

Last edited:

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
Okay when Marvellous sends me photos of my Asian 4130 case opened.. at least let me post them here to see if the risk is low something bad will happen…

He essentially said they have a 0% failure rate and all his customers that purchased the noob iii and noob iv have been very happy

QC of my CF black ceramic Daytona will be posted in 4 days

Tobel

6/7/17
Okay when Marvellous sends me photos of my Asian 4130 case opened.. at least let me post them here to see if the risk is low something bad will happen…

He essentially said they have a 0% failure rate and all his customers that purchased the noob iii and noob iv have been very happy

QC of my CF black ceramic Daytona will be posted in 4 days

Seriously can you read? Starting with rules about QC pics? And what I said about you spamming this thread??

You are NOT allowed to post your QC pics here for people to comment. This is against the forum's rules

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
Let's stop this here and keep t OK the thread about CF 4130 daytonas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tobel

Tobel

6/7/17
Is not illegal to buy in the US. Only to sell. No law broken here ;)

The question is not whether he's facing legal risks the question is that counterfeit products are overall illegal and there's a variety of reasons that any transaction may go wrong, this is not Amazon and there's no legal recourse. So when buying a rep you should always spend money that you can afford to lose if something goes wrong

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
One quick note, from your pics posted so far I notice that CF is using a proper crystal gasket. Noob used a shitty milky one that required replacing asap. Here it is good straight from the factory. Great!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobel

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen, need your advice. Looking to order the CF black dial Daytona. Have seen some info on here that the Sub-dial thickness is pretty off compared to the gen. Is it really that obvious to the naked eye from 1-2 feet away or only when it’s up close?

tiziano23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/19
Is there any news for 116520? There is only ceramic bezels showing but I am still looking for info for the steel bezels…

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Gentlemen, need your advice. Looking to order the CF black dial Daytona. Have seen some info on here that the Sub-dial thickness is pretty off compared to the gen. Is it really that obvious to the naked eye from 1-2 feet away or only when it’s up close?

Yes, it’s very obvious. Subdial size is probably the most important thing on this rep. If you want a black dial, wait for v2 and hope they fixed it

Reactions: Tiger4

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Yes, it’s very obvious. Subdial size is probably the most important thing on this rep. If you want a black dial, wait for v2 and hope they fixed it

Thanks for the info much appreciated. I’ll go ahead and wait for the updated version until they correct the issue.

berryhusky

Horology Curious
25/4/21
Btw guys, is it safe to run Chrono or let the Chrono run constantly on this Dandong 4130? I'm kinda curious about this

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Btw guys, is it safe to run Chrono or let the Chrono run constantly on this Dandong 4130? I'm kinda curious about this

If you scroll up you will see i asked the same question.
If you intend to use the chrono a few parts might fail anytime
You need part 815 and 820 to run chrono’s without a problem. You don’t have to change the parts unless they fail on you, so you know what parts might fail for chrono function

^ Post #1014

Last edited:

berryhusky

Horology Curious
25/4/21
If you intend to use the chrono a few parts might fail anytime
You need part 815 and 820 to run chrono’s without a problem. You don’t have to change the parts unless they fail on you, so you know what parts might fail for chrono function

I found some parts on eBay but I'm not sure if it is genuine. And my biggest problem is that I hardly find a rep watchmaker in Greater Toronto Area that does servicing and stuff like this :(

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
I found some parts on eBay but I'm not sure if it is genuine. And my biggest problem is that I hardly find a rep watchmaker in Greater Toronto Area that does servicing and stuff like this :(

Try supporting vendors few of them in US they can help :)