• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Yes.

But what real life uses are there for the chrono? You're better off using the timer on your phone..... (Unless you really think you're Steve McQueen checking the lap times at Le Mans in the 1960's :))

I use it to time food in the oven, pizzas in my Ooni, things like that. Somewhat useful, but I just prefer the look of a chrono over a 3 hand watch.

Not going to lie, I once used the Tach on the bezel when I got my first Daytona (gen) about 15 years ago. It actually worked!

Reactions: drferrari1

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Yes.

But what real life uses are there for the chrono? You're better off using the timer on your phone..... (Unless you really think you're Steve McQueen checking the lap times at Le Mans in the 1960's :))

So I could use it? :D

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
finally, my buff dials arrived..(may not be made by buff, but thats where i got them from)

GEN PANDA VS BUFF

jBNrS1.jpg

GEN BLACK VS BUFF

jBN8Cv.jpg

next are other pics of the dials without comparisons, including a buff 116519 dial

jBNPyX.jpg

jBNT4i.jpg

jBNXcb.jpg

jBNC3c.jpg

Nice dials mate! I bet shipping from China is faster than shipping within EU :/

Reactions: wubsub

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
i think it looks better than clean. the photos don’t do the dials justice. the crown is perfect.

Omg it is same dial but thicker sudbials,i have one and cant wait to recieve clean watch to proove it is same
clean was selling those dials before release,for release they fixed subdial thickness to gen spec…
dial printing is the same,numbers in subdials are the same,color is the same,lume same,markers same

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
6+ months I see theses "clean" Daytona up for sale with ar bracelet and buff hands lol

Reactions: Mc Queen

Bobi01

2/2/19
Omg it is same dial but thicker sudbials,i have one and cant wait to recieve clean watch to proove it is same
clean was selling those dials before release,for release they fixed subdial thickness to gen spec…
dial printing is the same,numbers in subdials are the same,color is the same,lume same,markers same

Here is on the left clean dial and on the right “buff” also clean dial before release batch,same markers,same dial crisp printing, 30-60 in subdials every number same shape,only subdials are thicker on older version

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Has anyone been giving an estimated delivery date for a 116520 (SS bezel) Daytona from Clean?

Thanks.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
That's interesting to hear your experiences on the Chrono. Out of interest, of the noobs you've owned, what's the most frequent you've used the chrono for a single watch?
Not very often to be honest. But I've tested them all periodically just to see if they still work. Around once a month I'll run everything but to make sure it's still running.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: greenbeans

takks

7/8/15
Let’s stop calling “Buff” dial, it makes confusion.
It is “Clean” dial which has existed around for months in China.
It was very popular Noob V4 mod in China that installed Clean dial, Buff hands, Deep crystal(high quality crystal), shaving gasket to make 12.3mm thickness and AR bracelet.
I don’t know who started this mod but Buff is the one of the modder making this.
This mod costs more than 2500RMB.
CF Daytona has almost same spec as this mod with improved subdials on the cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takks

7/8/15
This is the first time I hear about clean “Buff” dial.. Basic question - where to get one??

I guess AMF will support you to get any mod parts in China.

Booonin

2/9/18
Also, I think even tho these buff dials seem a litle bit off - the black version of it is much better than the CF one.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Let’s stop calling “Buff” dial, it makes confusion.
It is “Clean” dial which has existed around for months in China.
It was very popular Noob V4 mod in China that installed Clean dial, Buff hands, Deep crystal(high quality crystal), shaving gasket to make 12.3mm thickness and AR bracelet.
I don’t know who started this mod but Buff is the one of the modder making this.
This mod costs more than 2500RMB.
CF Daytona has almost same spec as this mod with improved subdials on the cheap.

+1

takks

7/8/15
finally, my buff dials arrived..(may not be made by buff, but thats where i got them from)

GEN PANDA VS BUFF

jBNrS1.jpg

GEN BLACK VS BUFF

jBN8Cv.jpg

next are other pics of the dials without comparisons, including a buff 116519 dial

jBNPyX.jpg

jBNT4i.jpg

jBNXcb.jpg

jBNC3c.jpg

Black dial looks same as Noob dial?
b43005bbc591ee01954871992224e77d.jpg

Samgobigs

11/2/20
If Buff is making 116519 dials, I am guessing it shouldn’t be too long before we see clean factory pumping out 116519’s. Personally, I am more interested in that.

I wonder how Clean will be doing the oyster flex bracelets.

Reactions: Burbizia