• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
This daytona will probably have a stock CF bezel, which makes this daytona perfect OOTB. Clean is also known for its good dials, so i'm curious :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
this daytona will probably have a stock CF bezel, and make this daytona perfect OOTB. Clean is also known for its good dials, so i'm curious :D

CF ceramic bezels are unfortunately not perfect. The markers/numbers are slightly too deep which is not visible when looking from the front but at an angle they look too narrow/too dark. Still the best available but I wish they fixed this when they release their daytonas.

Hopefully they also get the dial right between the 116500 and 116520

Reactions: KJ2020

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Interested to see the dial to fit my noob. Hopefully they are better than noob/arf. Fingers crossed!

Tobel

6/7/17
Any word on if they're just doing the 116500? The 116520 seems to be a bit of an afterthought at times but I love the steel bezel+black dial combo.

I don't know but since CF already manufactures a steel bezel, I don't see why they wouldn't, they would just need a different dial and case engraving and they would have an additional model ready to be sold

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I don't know but since CF already manufactures a steel bezel, I don't see why they wouldn't, they would just need a different dial and case engraving and they would have an additional model ready to be sold

ahhhh cool, I never knew they made the steel bezels already, was only aware of their ceramic ones, good to know!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Honestly tho, who cares whether or not the movement is engraved or not. It’s a closed case back watch. As long as it’s a clone with identical specs and can accept Gen parts they can write FAKEY MCFAKERTON on it for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not for us, the people of RWI. The factories are appealing their own markets that buy many, many more watches than we do. People who do not scrutinize QC photos, but they demand stupid details like this for god knows what reason, and I hope it is not for fooling people into thinking they are buying gens. This is why we even have rep movements instead of perfectly fine ETA clones, and same with those silly warranty cards. The factories are also charging a hell of alot more than they used to for these "superclone" reps. So win-win for them, they do not give a damn about what we have to say.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
It is not for us, the people of RWI. The factories are appealing their own markets that buy many, many more watches than we do. People who do not scrutinize QC photos, but they demand stupid details like this for god knows what reason, and I hope it is not for fooling people into thinking they are buying gens. This is why we even have rep movements instead of perfectly fine ETA clones, and same with those silly warranty cards. The factories are also charging a hell of alot more than they used to for these "superclone" reps. So win-win for them, they do not give a damn about what we have to say.

True, i quess RWI is like 0,01% of the total market

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I guess it only says that RWI has a significant place in the sales structure of this dealer.

I'm sure 99% of rep watch owners in the world don't know about RWI, or at least don't use it.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I once asked a TD how income is splittet....
he said about 45% RWI, 45%Reddit, 10% Rest.

its about the total rep market, china has 1,4 billion people ;) the few TD's we're using are small compared to the total market of the rep industry.

Anyways, back on topic :D the CF daytona

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
its about the total rep market, china has 1,4 billion people ;) the few TD's we're using are small compared to the total market of the rep industry.

Anyways, back on topic :D the CF daytona
Sorry misunderstood.

DAYTONA!!!!!!!!
Rumors from TD tell that Clean Factory may also use DanDong Movements in Subs next year.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Since EW slimmed their Asian 7750 version down to 13mm (12.8mm fully screwed down) by removing the date wheel, I actually prefer that over the Noob's Dandong 4130 version (12.6mm).
Similarly, I buy an ETA clone version of a replica if available, because if there's a problem with the movement I can swap it for a genuine ETA.

Reactions: XLR8R

Tobel

6/7/17
Since EW slimmed their Asian 7750 version down to 13mm (12.8mm fully screwed down) by removing the date wheel, I actually prefer that over the Noob's Dandong 4130 version (12.6mm).
Similarly, I buy an ETA clone version of a replica if available, because if there's a problem with the movement I can swap it for a genuine ETA.

Except that 7750 based chronographs are not the most reliable. So having a working chrono that you can't use is kind of pointless

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Except that 7750 based chronographs are not the most reliable. So having a working chrono that you can't use is kind of pointless

not only that, but arent the 7750s used in the Daytona reps heavily modified? Pretty sure the genuine ETA7750s have registers at 6, 9 and 12 as opposed to the 369 of a Daytona. Its not exactly a drop in swap with a genuine ETA. When the 7750 based 369 subdial movements eventually fail, who knows what parts are even compatible with an ETA to fix them?