• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Gen 2021up have blue effect. And hour marker does appear grayish to the dial. The hands pinon is also correct. There are 3 factory from rolex, 3 different style of hands. Some have bevel some dont. Round ball pinon or tube shape pinon .
The only obvious flaw are polished pusher which suppose to be brushed. The 3 dot crown.

I got a 2021 116500, and it definitely does not have a blue hue to the dial, nor does any other newer gens I’ve seen :)

The cf dial is very good in terms of quality, but no, the white color is not correct

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I have found this picture on facebook and 3 pandas showing different hues of white

Bobi01

2/2/19
More interesting pics ,different batches, too high and low daytona position and both gen

Reactions: grillbrill

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I got a 2021 116500, and it definitely does not have a blue hue to the dial, nor does any other newer gens I’ve seen :)

The cf dial is very good in terms of quality, but no, the white color is not correct

I believe maybe different area stock might have variations. The pic i show obviously have the blue hub and its 2021 gen. Rolex dont just have one single whiteness on all dial. The color and parts from different factory will have variations. Search up 2021 116500 on google you will see many sample of blue hub too. I am not challenging ur gen. just that yours isnt doesnt mean it doesn’t exist.

Reactions: Lariram and Bobi01

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I believe maybe different area stock might have variations. The pic i show obviously have the blue hub and its 2021 gen. Rolex dont just have one single whiteness on all dial. The color and parts from different factory will have variations. Search up 2021 116500 on google you will see many sample of blue hub too. I am not challenging ur gen. just that yours isnt doesnt mean it doesn’t exist.

Basing a color on a photo fund on the internet is just pointless, there are so many factors that you can change on a photo, and room lighting condition. I can post a photo of my gen with 4 different colors with a little photo editing / changing of lighting conditions.

I know a handful of people who own gen pandas, and trust me, it does not have a blue hue like the CF :)

Yes, there are variations in the gen, there has been reports of the color variation from porcelain white to a warm white, but never in the opposite direction.

Either way, the CF panda is a very nice dial, and if people are happy with it, that all that matters :)

Reactions: SuperLory

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Basing a color on a photo fund on the internet is just pointless, there are so many factors that you can change on a photo, and room lighting condition. I can post a photo of my gen with 4 different colors with a little photo editing / changing of lighting conditions.

I know a handful of people who own gen pandas, and trust me, it does not have a blue hue like the CF :)

Yes, there are variations in the gen, there has been reports of the color variation from porcelain white to a warm white, but never in the opposite direction.

Either way, the CF panda is a very nice dial, and if people are happy with it, that all that matters :)

are we really sure that the blue reflection is not in the cf crystal rather than in the dial?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
are we really sure that the blue reflection is not in the cf crystal rather than in the dial?

100%, when we did my Black dial build we had 2 white dial CF, 1 Black dial CF, Noob crystals, CF crystals, ARF crystals and gen crystals. Its the dial :)

Dont get me wrong a gen crystal is an upgrade, but it does not change the color of the dial :)

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Still i think that cf color exist in gens, just my opinion

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Agree, i can not even understand why we are still arguing about Noob Daytona dials, they are the worst ever. Sorry but CF, ARF even BP and JF are all way better than Noob dials.

Arguing Noob to have a acceptable Daytona dial is like arguing Putin having acceptable behaviour at the moment...

Ahahahahahahaah! Really, you must be joking. Or you are saying bullshit.
This is a Noob compared to a gen. Apart of the "O" letter, the dial is perfect.

Gen-2020.webp

Noob-V4-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OverTheTop

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18

Gen-2020.webp

Noob-V4-4.jpg

Sure, that’s why 90% of Noob owners were after putting an ARF dial into their Daytona’s. I did this myself cause I was not able to look at the Noob dial…

The only ones which were joking were the guys from Noob factory when they designed the dial printing.

Sorry but I spot even from half Meter the ROLEX on the Noob dial which is compleately wrong in terms of font and spacing…

subdials are great but the dial print is a nightmare. Please take your Noob next to a gen in real life (if you have the possibility) and you’ll understand immediately.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Just want to say your posts are appreciated. There are so many uninformed people on here stating unbased opinions as facts. Always appreciate when members take the effort to post objective comparisons.

:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: greenbeans

PastyMan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
CONUS

Why did you even post….. what does that QC picture give to the conversation?

ARF & CF dials are clearly the preferred dials. The Noob screams rep. I have one, couldn’t wear it, replaced dial with ARF. Apart from the dial the Noob is a very nice rep in general.

Thank you everyone else for excellent information and comps.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

here is an upgrade modded clean if anyone is interested. Got these from a wechat dealer. Bezel color is darker black, hands are bevel(non bevel exist in gen too). Dial color is warmer white. Sub dial have rings in the meet point of the circle to the dial.
i have never used him so i dont know if he is trust worthy.