• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
has anyone tried to change the glass? they tell me that the blue reflections on panda 116500 depend on the crystal and not on the dial.
I can try to put on Noob crystal...

In what lighting condition should the blue reflection be seen? I have a CF panda and I'd like to catch that.

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Just received QC pics today on my CF 116520 Black order from Puretime submitted Dec 15.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Does anyone know if the steel on the CF Daytona has been tested to show it is indeed 904L steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
Here is two “macros” of the clean 116500 and the noob v4 116500...
The main difference I’ve noticed between this two dials are as follows:
- “Clean” has a cold white dial that tend to blue, noob has a warm white dial but is not like cream, it is white.
- The “Clean” counters are more matt than noob and the black in certain light tend to somenthing like brown. On the “Noob” they are more shiny and black.
- text on “Clean” is thinner than “Noob” and I like it.. but the most of the gens 116500 I’ve had in my hand had the bolder text as the “Noob”
- The red of “Daytona” text is almost the same
- Hour Markers on “Clean” makes the opposite effect of the gen...I’ve noticed than on gen sometimes the hour markers could be whiter than the dial...on clean they are warmer..but the “white gold” effect is really good on “Clean”

jvepAo.jpg
jveC6J.jpg

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Here is two “macros” of the clean 116500 and the noob v4 116500...
The main difference I’ve noticed between this two dials are as follows:
- “Clean” has a cold white dial that tend to blue, noob has a warm white dial but is not like cream, it is white.
- The “Clean” counters are more matt than noob and the black in certain light tend to somenthing like brown. On the “Noob” they are more shiny and black.
- text on “Clean” is thinner than “Noob” and I like it.. but the most of the gens 116500 I’ve had in my hand had the bolder text as the “Noob”
- The red of “Daytona” text is almost the same
- Hour Markers on “Clean” makes the opposite effect of the gen...I’ve noticed than on gen sometimes the hour markers could be whiter than the dial...on clean they are warmer..but the “white gold” effect is really good on “Clean”

Well said

Reactions: OverTheTop

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
What do you guys think of the spacing of the ‘40’ number marking at the 6 o clock subdial? I’m going things with a fine tooth comb and comparing with the the gen.

Notice on the gen that there’s minimal space between the 4 and the 0. Perhaps enough space for a few strands of hair to place in between.

Now compare that to the clean factory 40 marker. It seems like there’s quite a lot of extra space between the 4 and 0.

See pics below: one is watermarked Jtime. Other photo is a stock photo from the R factory website.

69d4f798922b27b3e76b87729506aac7.jpg

ccbc6bdb5cb7e01e82de5fb8ffcf5e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're true ...
AND ... look at the 5mn markers on that subdial ... on the RF pics they are clearly separated from the white center part but on the CF pics they sort of bleed on it ...
BUT ... who will really notice that on the wrist ?

gpvecchi

4/7/12
rockdaly sorry but text on noob dial is crap… the first thing people spoted on my noob v4 dial comparing with gen is 5 line text which was too bold

There are five batches of Noob V4 dial, I made a thread on it. Latest ones are correct for pre 2021 dials, the first ones were too bold.

Bobi01

2/2/19
There are five batches of Noob V4 dial, I made a thread on it. Latest ones are correct for pre 2021 dials, the first ones were too bold.

Neither is correct because all of them have wrong O like donut, and with that complete rolex text looks off and wrong

Reactions: ssouthall6

Bobi01

2/2/19
This picture showing everything
too blurry dial on noob

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Robi01 is correct, noob used the Ubuntu donut O on the dial. It screams rep more than any other dial variation to the point I changed out all 4 dials on my noobs

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01

takks

7/8/15
As i know clean factory use deep crystal stock

I had deep crystal but it was not the same as CF Daytona stock crystal.
AR bracelet, buff hands, CF ceramic bezel is announced as topic of CF Daytona but crystal spec wasn’t mentioned.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I had deep crystal but it was not the same as CF Daytona stock crystal.
AR bracelet, buff hands, CF ceramic bezel is announced as topic of CF Daytona but crystal spec wasn’t mentioned.

Can you explain whats the different is , wish to know if its wroth the upgrade then? I read it has deep crystal from chinese site . Not on here

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

Gen 2021up have blue effect. And hour marker does appear grayish to the dial. The hands pinon is also correct. There are 3 factory from rolex, 3 different style of hands. Some have bevel some dont. Round ball pinon or tube shape pinon .
The only obvious flaw are polished pusher which suppose to be brushed. The 3 dot crown.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

The hands are different shape. Bevel and no bevel. One can clearly see the pinion, one cant .

Reactions: Lariram

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Robi01 is correct, noob used the Ubuntu donut O on the dial. It screams rep more than any other dial variation to the point I changed out all 4 dials on my noobs

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Agree, i can not even understand why we are still arguing about Noob Daytona dials, they are the worst ever. Sorry but CF, ARF even BP and JF are all way better than Noob dials.

Arguing Noob to have a acceptable Daytona dial is like arguing Putin having acceptable behaviour at the moment...

Last edited: