• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

doctor-g

Horology Curious
28/10/21
Just pulled the trigger for one via Puretime. Been a while out of the rep game; Crazy to see all the changes...
This CF white dial looks like a killer.

So besides unique placement of all the gadgets, the main thing to look out for is:

thickness of sub dial

Is there really already a V2 getting into the hands of people ordering ones in Feb 2022?

Also Is it normal for my VISA to have been charged 100$ more than what it said at checkout confirmation?
Not complaining but just wondering if its the case with everyone else buying via CC.

Here we go!! Love this shit

Personally, I would Never use my CC.. but always WU.

LaraA

15/3/11
Just pulled the trigger for one via Puretime. Been a while out of the rep game; Crazy to see all the changes...
This CF white dial looks like a killer.

So besides unique placement of all the gadgets, the main thing to look out for is:

thickness of sub dial

Is there really already a V2 getting into the hands of people ordering ones in Feb 2022?

Also Is it normal for my VISA to have been charged 100$ more than what it said at checkout confirmation?
Not complaining but just wondering if its the case with everyone else buying via CC.

Here we go!! Love this shit

Where did you read about v2 dial for the CF ?

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Honestly, Im just going by all these pics people keep posting of their newly received watches, and how there are some clear differences between some of them in terms of the thickness of the subdials.
Anyhow, I will share my QC pics here once I get them for your viewing.

Honestly, if my CC gets compromised, its what insurance is for right?

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Im ETH / AVAX / KDA all the way.

Anyways, just got a msg from Angus; It’ll be 2 - 3 weeks before the first QC’s as the factories are slowly coming back online from the holidays.

Good things come to those who wait

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Now that is a proper backdrop for this watch! The real question is where can I find a good Aston Martin rep?:D

ubi maior minor cessat

Is that db9? Love the watch and thing
Thank you gents! The car is an Aston Martim Vantage... One of my beloved toys in the garage :D

Since we are all into cars and I sold my beloved AM few years ago..........

ju3qvi.jpg
Love it!

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Honestly, Im just going by all these pics people keep posting of their newly received watches, and how there are some clear differences between some of them in terms of the thickness of the subdials.
Anyhow, I will share my QC pics here once I get them for your viewing.

Honestly, if my CC gets compromised, its what insurance is for right?

Subdial thickness is not some sort of QC problem its a problem on all of them. Both 116520 colors and the black 116500 have thick subdials. The panda 116500 is fine.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
What do you guys think of the spacing of the ‘40’ number marking at the 6 o clock subdial? I’m going things with a fine tooth comb and comparing with the the gen.

Notice on the gen that there’s minimal space between the 4 and the 0. Perhaps enough space for a few strands of hair to place in between.

Now compare that to the clean factory 40 marker. It seems like there’s quite a lot of extra space between the 4 and 0.

See pics below: one is watermarked Jtime. Other photo is a stock photo from the R factory website.

69d4f798922b27b3e76b87729506aac7.jpg

ccbc6bdb5cb7e01e82de5fb8ffcf5e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
has anyone tried to change the glass? they tell me that the blue reflections on panda 116500 depend on the crystal and not on the dial.
I can try to put on Noob crystal...

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
has anyone tried to change the glass? they tell me that the blue reflections on panda 116500 depend on the crystal and not on the dial.
I can try to put on Noob crystal...

you can buy "deep" xtals from China, i have one and i can't fault it - they are a fraction lower/shorter. Clarity of xtal wise i can't see much difference, they are very clear. I found the LEC to be less visible than noob one.

For the price, if you are bothered by CF crystal, it's not a big dent in the wallet

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
you can buy "deep" xtals from China, i have one and i can't fault it - they are a fraction lower/shorter. Clarity of xtal wise i can't see much difference, they are very clear. I found the LEC to be less visible than noob one.

For the price, if you are bothered by CF crystal, it's not a big dent in the wallet

But changing the glass can you still see the blue reflection?

I mean that the white of the CF dial looks a bit blue, is it a problem with the dial or with the crystal?

Last edited:

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
interesting one, if gen crystal will make a big difference... will be totally worth it...

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

I mean that the white of the CF dial looks a bit blue, is it a problem with the dial or with the crystal?

As i know clean factory use deep crystal stock

Bobi01

2/2/19

Bro this is cf vs noob comparison but noob on the right have installed cf dial and the color is the same