• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
FYI. For those who want to easily fix their misaligned chronograph seconds sweeping hand without taking the watch apart, I noticed that if you activate the pushers then reset it multiple times back and forth (ex. Activate, reset, activate, reset, activate, reset, etc…) it’ll eventually align perfectly straight at the 12 o’clock position on one the tries…then just screw down and close both pushers from there whenever it’s aligned.

Not sure if this will work for the ones that are really off from the start because mines wasn’t off by much to begin with.

Hope this helps….

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
FYI. For those who want to easily fix their misaligned chronograph seconds sweeping hand, I noticed that if you activate the pushers then reset it multiple times, it’ll eventually align perfectly straight at the 12 o’clock position on one the tries…then just screw down and close the pushers from there.

Not sure if this will work for the ones that are really off from the start because mines wasn’t off by much to begin with.

Hope this helps….

Your a fucking genius, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mc Queen and Tiger4

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Your a fucking genius, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering why it reset at a different position sometimes when my OCD self was looking at it really closely. Ending up taking advantage of it.

Bobi01

2/2/19
FYI. For those who want to easily fix their misaligned chronograph seconds sweeping hand without taking the watch apart, I noticed that if you activate the pushers then reset it multiple times back and forth (ex. Activate, reset, activate, reset, activate, reset, etc…) it’ll eventually align perfectly straight at the 12 o’clock position on one the tries…then just screw down and close both pushers from there whenever it’s aligned.

Hope this helps….

This is an chronograph issue btw, well known issue on a4130

mumu2022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/21
Mine arrived tonight. I’m used to the bold Noob v4 Daytona panda dial print so in comparison the lettering is very thin. Am I crazy? Also bracelet is getting a baby oils bath, was the squeakiest I’ve ever held.
images won’t load right now. Will send when working again

Sorry for asking, how you oil bath the bracelet? What material should i prepare? Thanks

Bobi01

2/2/19
Sorry for asking, how you oil bath the bracelet? What material should i prepare? Thanks

Just buy some baby soap,wash the bracelet with that soap, use a lot of that soap ,after that rinse with water and will be smooth as gen

Reactions: Thado2014

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
This is an chronograph issue btw, well known issue on a4130

Any idea on how it can be corrected? It’s kind of a hassle sometimes having to do it up to 6-7 times.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Any idea on how it can be corrected? It’s kind of a hassle sometimes having to do it up to 6-7 times.

You would need gen parts in the movement. The clone is a good movement, but its simply not build to the same standard as a gen, obviously :)

The general advise is simply, dont use the chrono if you want to avoid issues :)

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
You would need gen parts in the movement. The clone is a good movement, but its simply not build to the same standard as a gen, obviously :)

The general advise is simply, dont use the chrono if you want to avoid issues :)

Would probably just do that and not use it since I don’t really need that function…and put the funds towards a 116520 whenever the subdial concern is addressed. Thanks

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi

Hope this helps….

I happened to use this technique when it was needed and I confirm that the second hand lines up perfectly at 12 o'clock

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Hope this helps….

This is a great way to stress those flimsy chrono rep parts that are known to be the weak point of the sa4130.

If the seond hand resets in a different position every time you use it just leave it aligned and don't use it anymore, it's gonna last way longer this way.

Reactions: PastyMan and Nikz19

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Hope this helps….

This is a good short term solution. However the issue I have with my large chrono hand (and suspect others as well) is that there is a tiny bit of play in the gears of the chrono wheel and other related wheel gears. As a result, once I reset the chrono hand perfectly, it's just a matter of time before that excess play in the gears allows the chrono hand to misalign ever so slightly (which drives me batshit crazy!). The only permanent solution (for me anyway) is to use gen or tighter tolerance aftermarket parts...or just let the chrono wheel run continuously (which is what I do).