• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I did a couple of photos- See link below. I honestly did not see much of a difference with the platinum coloring vs gen. I was super impressed.

https://imgur.com/a/oQNTo4R

Thank you, that solves one of my 2 questions ;) Could you add a couple pictures taken at a steep angle to compare the depth of the engravings and the cast shadows that I was referring to? Cheers

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
j4HGvD.jpg

Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but the subdials on this CF look fairly good.

mumu2022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/21
Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but the subdials on this CF look fairly good.

Exactly what i wanna say. But people in here keep saying the subdial is too fat even with the comparison. lol

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Exactly what i wanna say. But people in here keep saying the subdial is too fat even with the comparison. lol

Not sure which comparison you're talking about but there's many comparisons showing that the subdials are fatter on the CF, there's no doubt about that.

Now they are fatter by a fraction of a millimeter, so if you don't see it or it doesn't bother you, good on you because you'll be able to enjoy it now and not have to wait for v2.

But that doesn't change the fact that the subdials are still fatter

mumu2022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/21
Not sure which comparison you're talking about but there's many comparisons showing that the subdials are fatter on the CF, there's no doubt about that.

Now they are fatter by a fraction of a millimeter, so if you don't see it or it doesn't bother you, good on you because you'll be able to enjoy it now and not have to wait for v2.

But that doesn't change the fact that the subdials are still fatter

Yes, it looks good to me. Cf is based on the 2021 version in both white and black, that's why the dial in white have a cold tone on it, and the subdial in black is slightly fatter than the older version.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
I know that the outer diameter of the subdial ring is where it should be. But I'm looking at the inner diameter of the ring and that's largely where I'm drawing my opinion from.

This shit will drive you crazy if you let it. I could be sitting here all night trying to determine whether the watch in your pics has decent subdials or not...

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17

yes - on this pic, they look ok. but i am not an 116500 expert.

but on the 116520 pics above only one pic is okayish - the other pics scream "THE SUBDIALS ARE TOO FAT" in my face.

dont get me wrong: if ppl enjoy this version ootb i am happy for them. the overall quality seems to be pretty good as well.

but: THE SUBDIALS ARE TOO FAT.

Last edited:

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
After reading through this whole thread. I am definitely going to order the Panda dial one after TDs come back from holidays. Anyone know if these daytonas take a while for TDs to source? (Like the cf pepsi in the past, those took 2 weeks lol)

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
After reading through this whole thread. I am definitely going to order the Panda dial one after TDs come back from holidays. Anyone know if these daytonas take a while for TDs to source? (Like the cf pepsi in the past, those took 2 weeks lol)

Not sure how long it take for TD to source from CF but as for QC photos, it took almost two weeks to received mines. Ordered on 12/29/2021 and was sent QC photos on 1/10/2022 from PT.

g-yice

Repper 2.0
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/21
EU
What happened to noob factory? Have been out of the game for 2 years now!

Out of business, but not important because Clean Factory make better Reps

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

A Lower Resolution picture, but the Sub-dials are still clearly thicker than a Gen.

This happens over and over, year after year, whenever a new factory releases a new Daytona or even a new version of a Daytona. The same thing happened with ARF, with Noob, and now with Clean.

- When a new Version is released, everyone always asks the same question... "How close is it to a Gen".
- Members with the resources and expertise describe the differences between the new Rep and a Gen as the new Reps are released.
- Members with the Software and Skills take the time to illustrate the difference for other Members to clearly see and compare.

- Some Members always complain that the comparisons are too "nit picky" and that the differences are too minute. They argue that the newly released versions are "good enough".

If you can not, or don't want to see the differences, and a Watch is "good enough" for you, then just go buy it and enjoy it for yourself. But please don't come on this forum and try to say that a new version is "close enough" in your opinion, so everyone else should just ignore or except the differences that are clearly there.

These comparisons are done as a favor to illustrate the differences to that each individual Member so they can decide for themselves what is "good enough", or unacceptable.

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
A Lower Resolution picture, but the Sub-dials are still clearly thicker than a Gen.
j4IPFb.jpg

Indeed, still a bit off once you see a 1:1 comparison like this.

Hopefully a future iteration will see this corrected.

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
Mine says hi... :)
93f34c803acacb22e4a88e0932a3d728.jpg
af082b0b84142d23b56d6b3d14a79605.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-A526B mediante Tapatalk