• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
mine just arrived today! take me for crazy but I like the dial of the nOOb v4 more! the CF panda tends to be a little blue, the Noob is whiter! and then at 6 o'clock I can't stand the decentralized index!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I guess he´s talking about the "v2" and because prices usually go up after CNY.

Guys can we please stop making up stuff?

I'm talking about the 116520. They have been pre released and once TDs are back from CNY you can order from them, with the price that's already on their website, so no need to be worried that it's gonna be high, it's already public information.

And prices don't usually go up after CNY
federico II

mumu2022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/21
HI anyone, after comparing some of the gen 2021 black version, i found that the subdial in the black one is not fat at all, maybe the older version had a thinner subdial but 2021 don't have.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I forgot to share the damn flaw on CF case
Engraved 116503 lol
Of course I don’t care
f5f652fa8f5ee5288a864007bf2da572.jpg

could be perfect for my 116503

Reactions: ssouthall6

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
HI anyone, after comparing some of the gen 2021 black version, i found that the subdial in the black one is not fat at all, maybe the older version had a thinner subdial but 2021 don't have.

That's just not correct. There is no Gen 116500 or 116520 with subdial like the black CF release. Not one... In the history of the universe :)

Reactions: SuperLory

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada

Nah they’re still fat compared to gen, lots of comparisons out there and in this thread. I don’t usually nit pick but that is a pretty easy tell IMO.

Reactions: SuperLory

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
So finally got my 116500 White- I just do not know what to make of it. I love everything about it compared to the Noob (modded) I had, but is this white dial accurate to some form of gen?

The CF dial is super white, stark white if you would. ARF dial I had did not look like this. Also the lume is a bit yellow, which as per my search seems to be true to the newer gens.

I just want to add that at the moment I have a gen 116519, and the CF bezel is nearly identical to the gen. I knew this before, but never compared it side by side. It is amazing.

eltrinita

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/7/20
So finally got my 116500 White- I just do not know what to make of it. I love everything about it compared to the Noob (modded) I had, but is this white dial accurate to some form of gen?

The CF dial is super white, stark white if you would. ARF dial I had did not look like this. Also the lume is a bit yellow, which as per my search seems to be true to the newer gens.

I just want to add that at the moment I have a gen 116519, and the CF bezel is nearly identical to the gen. I knew this before, but never compared it side by side. It is amazing.

can you post a comparison with you gen please ? specially to compare gen case vs cf case . Thanks in advance

Reactions: Pizzo

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
Does anyone else here not have the ability to see any difference whatsoever in the subdial thickness? If its different its by like 1 single pixel on these images here.

Tobel

6/7/17
can you post a comparison with you gen please ? specially to compare gen case vs cf case . Thanks in advance

116519 is a gold cased Daytona, which means it's case has a different shape from the steel Daytonas. Different lugs, symetrical case on gold cases Vs steel cases. So no point making that kind of comparison.

I made a gen Vs rep comparison with a gen 116520 that has the same case shape, see here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...10501210-116500-cf-comparison-with-gen-116520

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tobel

6/7/17
the CF bezel is nearly identical to the gen. I knew this before, but never compared it side by side. It is amazing.

IMO the CF bezel is super close when looking straight on, but the engraving is a little deeper compared to gen, which when you look from the front is not visible, but when looking from the side creates some cast shadows that I've never seen on a gen. Such a small difference does have an impact because the writings are super small, as opposed to a sub or a GMT for example. I'd love to be proven wrong though so feel free to share a comparison of you have the time.

Also curious to get your perspective on whether the platinum coating is the same colour or a little lighter on the gen
​​​​​Thanks in advance

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Does anyone else here not have the ability to see any difference whatsoever in the subdial thickness? If its different its by like 1 single pixel on these images here.

How many times does this need to be reposted?....

Already done in another thread...

The problem, or more accurately the mistake that these Replica Dial makers continue to make is using the same Sub-dial thickness for both the White Panda and the 116500 Black Dials.
I would guess that they use the same die to stamp both dial blanks before the color is added. So they would need a new die for the Black Dial.

ARF has the same problem. Noob got the thickness right near the end, but the Sub-dials continued to be too shiny.

The Sub-dials on both Gen 116520 dials and on the Gen 116500 Panda are all the same thickness, but the Gen 116500 Black Dial has thinner Sub-dials with a matte finish.
jBW8VX.jpg

jBzImj.jpg

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Noob with ARF dial/bezel on the left, CF on the right - which one do I keep?

If your planning to keep for the long term, the CF dial may age a little better than the ARF. White dials in general seem to turn a little yellow over time....5 to 10+ years kind of time (I suspect heavily dependent on outdoor wrist time). Maybe something to consider?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
IMO the CF bezel is super close when looking straight on, but the engraving is a little deeper compared to gen, which when you look from the front is not visible, but when looking from the side creates some cast shadows that I've never seen on a gen. Such a small difference does have an impact because the writings are super small, as opposed to a sub or a GMT for example. I'd love to be proven wrong though so feel free to share a comparison of you have the time.

Also curious to get your perspective on whether the platinum coating is the same colour or a little lighter on the gen
​​​​​Thanks in advance

I did a couple of photos- See link below. I honestly did not see much of a difference with the platinum coloring vs gen. I was super impressed.

https://imgur.com/a/oQNTo4R

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
the subdials on the black cf dials are too thick. its an obvious flaw. they are so wrong, that i can spot them as "way too fat" from 15 meters distance.

regarding a 116520 arf v2 is still the best ootb choice in 2022 imho. why care about a better bezel and a clone movement etc., when the dial is so wrong. so wrong!?! why god why...

Reactions: cjt202020