• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Yes the ARF markers are bigger, probably even bigger as in Gen dials. Not realy noticeable without Gen to compare.
I would rate ARF and Clean markers on the same level of workmanship and finish. Very nicely rounded, better than Noob. Personally I like the ARF markers a little bit better, because the lume color is not that brown/pinkish as in the Clean. In real life situations the clean markers lume fill looks darker/pinkish compared to ARF. Probably because the CF dial is extremly white, compared to the more creamy ARF dial. On the ARF dial the crown is better finished, edges are more rounded.

How smooth is the crown motion of both watches when you wind them or set the time?

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Arf markers definetly cant compare with clean markers
clean markers are almost identical to gen,arf have tottaly wrong shape and too big lume

here is comparison clean and gen

in the meantime: „Wow look at the difference in the length and thickness of the second markers on the dial! Instant tell!“

just joking of course

A ARF marker pic in the same quality for comparison would be great of course. Unfortunately I’m not able to do such HD images…

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
is it just an impression or is the dial of the noob deeper into the case?

Rehaut on CF is a fraction of a milimeter shorter than on Noob. CF is 12,1 mm, Noob is 12,3mm in total height.
But most likely the big difference in the picture comes from the camera angle.

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Clean (left) vs. Noob V4 with ARF dial, CF bezel and Gen hands:

Honestly overall i would consider the CF to be GEN considering the differences on the dial brightness. he ARF dial i would consider rep when seeing those watches laying next to each other and comparing them to a Gen watch...

So Clean is the Winner for me

Reactions: Uhr70

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Honestly overall i would consider the CF to be GEN considering the differences on the dial brightness. he ARF dial i would consider rep when seeing those watches laying next to each other and comparing them to a Gen watch...

So Clean is the Winner for me

From neither aspect ARF is not better than CLEAN,i dont know why people still comparing and complaining about it siriously… dial printing, markers, 5 line text ( ROLEX print is ok on ARF but all bottom text is too bold compared to CLEAN or GEN ) dial color, everything is better than ARF

Reactions: Uhr70 and RiffRalf

takks

7/8/15
From neither aspect ARF is not better than CLEAN,i dont know why people still comparing and complaining about it siriously… dial printing, markers, 5 line text ( ROLEX print is ok on ARF but all bottom text is too bold compared to CLEAN or GEN ) dial color, everything is better than ARF

+1

If I had to say the reason to choice the ARF dial is dial color
But it’s just a matter of preference

gpvecchi

4/7/12
this was mentioned many times on thread
Better case - (narrower lugs and better genlike shape of lugs)
most od them have very tight sels (miss little recession)
better dial than noob
better hands than noob

you must decide what you want

I don't agree: the case is still not correct, in particular the SEL fitting. Just the side view is better. The crown and pushers are worse, the dial has a better printing, the correct O shape, but it's way to white, and this will make the markers appear brown.
I'll skip this version and I'll wait for a V2.

Reactions: RiffRalf

Richard Pryor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/21
I don't agree: the case is still not correct, in particular the SEL fitting. Just the side view is better. The crown and pushers are worse, the dial has a better printing, the correct O shape, but it's way to white, and this will make the markers appear brown.

Do you own a noob?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

You have no idea bro, sel fitment is not case issue but bracelet issue,the endlinks are too long and that is the issue… also lugs On CF are not only better from profile but lugs are narrower as you can see on comparison pictures

For the crown and pushers im still not sure which is better

mdal86

24/5/10
Hey guys so I’m a bit on the fence as to what I should do I have a noob v4 about to go to service would like to get some gen 4130 parts In the movement. ( have a gen crystal and gasket on the way.) also have the ability to buy gen pushers in blisters for 500 euro ( thinking about it. ) I have a clean dial and gen hands already installed. I was thinking of getting the clean for a better case. Also have a gen bracelet ( not in this photo) should I continue to franken the noob or do I start a new project with the clean
dc59c1acd5686503cc1fb978341f0c90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hey guys so I’m a bit on the fence as to what I should do I have a noob v4 about to go to service would like to get some gen 4130 parts In the movement. ( have a gen crystal and gasket on the way.) also have the ability to buy gen pushers in blisters for 500 euro ( thinking about it. ) I have a clean dial and gen hands already installed. I was thinking of getting the clean for a better case. Also have a gen bracelet ( not in this photo) should I continue to franken the noob or do I start a new project with the clean
dc59c1acd5686503cc1fb978341f0c90.jpg

Both the Noob and Clean case needs a reshape, but the clean is a lot less work. Its better out the box. So i would start over with the clean.

In regards to your dial, that looks like a v1 dial (The one that was floating around before the watch release) And like, the current black, the sub dials are to fat. So i would change the dial as well :)

mdal86

24/5/10
Both the Noob and Clean case needs a reshape, but the clean is a lot less work. Its better out the box. So i would start over with the clean.

In regards to your dial, that looks like a v1 dial (The one that was floating around before the watch release) And like, the current black, the sub dials are to fat. So i would change the dial as well :)

That’s my thought but then a part of me was like why not spend the 800$ to mod this ????

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That’s my thought but then a part of me was like why not spend the 800$ to mod this ????

These build always depend on what YOU want personally. A watch that i might find acceptable, could be unacceptable to you.

So it really is down to what would make you happy.

My opinion regarding the white dial: Gen hands, case reshape/refinish and you got a nice looking watch. Will it hold up next to a gen... No, but it will be close :)

I look at my gen every day, so for me to be happy with a rep, i would go all out (Like im doing on a upcoming black dial build) But that's what's going to make me happy, some people might find that crazy, but i dont care :)

17/8/10
Have you a photo with 116500 BLACK cf and gen side by side?