• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
Has any one had problem with the movement on a CF V3 (116500) ? I am trying to get one in the UK and was told that they’ve had a couple of issues with the movement and cannot get them fixed or parts for them?

As a newbie, I’m looking for some help and advice to select the next best option for a 116500 Black Dial but, this feedback has throw me a little of track
Mines the most accurate rep I’ve ever owned, I can wear it for 3 days and it’ll only lose a second or two maximum so I’ve only got good things to say about it. I’ve had a dandong 3135 in a Vsf sub and that was losing 30 seconds a day out the box. I think it’s just luck of the draw but from my experience and what I’ve seen from others it’s a reliable movement 👍🏻

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
Mines the most accurate rep I’ve ever owned, I can wear it for 3 days and it’ll only lose a second or two maximum so I’ve only got good things to say about it. I’ve had a dandong 3135 in a Vsf sub and that was losing 30 seconds a day out the box. I think it’s just luck of the draw but from my experience and what I’ve seen from others it’s a reliable movement 👍🏻
Thanks for the feedback. I got concerned when it was mentioned to me by this TD that they had a couple of issues with this movement and it was difficult to get them repaired or get parts for them.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
from the around 10 4130 clones that i owned (noob/clean/btf) only had three which movement was superb (winding, timekeeping, feel when setting, rotor noise, etc) just the luck of the draw. rest were good but didnt feel 100% if you understand my point

Reactions: SimSam

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
from the around 10 4130 clones that i owned (noob/clean/btf) only had three which movement was superb (winding, timekeeping, feel when setting, rotor noise, etc) just the luck of the draw. rest were good but didnt feel 100% if you understand my point
That’s good to know. The feedback I got seemed to imply it wasn’t worth the hassle due to not being able to get them fixed or getting parts. That concerns me hence, trying to gauge how big of an issue the potential movement issue is?

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
I’ve got a Clean v3 as well and I absolutely love it, I bought it few months ago and changed dial, bezel and glass to Gen and it became hands down my favorite watch. No issue with the movement for now, it keeps great time even after a week, but let’s see in the long run. For now, I definitely recommend this watch, even out of the box is wonderful!

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
I’ve got a Clean v3 as well and I absolutely love it, I bought it few months ago and changed dial, bezel and glass to Gen and it became hands down my favorite watch. No issue with the movement for now, it keeps great time even after a week, but let’s see in the long run. For now, I definitely recommend this watch, even out of the box is wonderful!

That looks like a great example. I started out my search for this model but, have recently been drawn to the ceramic version as my first purchase. No doubt, I‘ll look to add one like yours in the future. As a guide are you able to give an idea how much the dial, bezel and glass upgrades cost to do?

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
That looks like a great example. I started out my search for this model but, have recently been drawn to the ceramic version as my first purchase. No doubt, I‘ll look to add one like yours in the future. As a guide are you able to give an idea how much the dial, bezel and glass upgrades cost to do?
Yes, the ceramic one is absolutely fantastic but the gen parts are rare and way too expensive, the parts for 116520 are easier to find and cheaper (green lume cheaper than blue lume), I've sourced mine in the span of 3 years, once I had them all and found the perfect base watch (Clean) I started the project. I think I spent around 2K/2.5K€ for the parts and I fitted them myself so no extra cost in that. Next I'll change the hands and possibly the crown one day.

Reactions: SimSam

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen, need your help. Looking to purchase this gen oysterflex to modify my 116500 with smarty EL

Can anyone confirm that it’s gen? It looks gen but just wanted to make sure that it’s not a good rep