• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hmm, I certainly don't have good enough eyes then haha. I thought that picture 2 was Clean due to the lighter red text and cold white colour dial.

Nope , gen hands are gen hands … sharp and defined lugs like no rep cant replicate

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Thing that I dont like is Clean ss bezel. Of cause it’s better than others but edge is too sharp. Might fit well for some Mark # but not for most ss daytona I’ve seen
2b7a2847d3c68b9ef4f54340f0a0e7df.jpg

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
Is anyone else having a problem where it doesn't like to change minutes and the chrono hand jitters really bad? All the pics online show them super smooth. Its serviced as well.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe

Hi guys, ive decided to order the CF aswel.

looks like my dial is not centered, its placed to much to the right. would you RL this?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Hi guys, ive decided to order the CF aswel.

looks like my dial is not centered, its placed to much to the right. would you RL this?

If you gonna service it the watchmaker can align , if not, it is on you what you will do :)

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Is anyone else having a problem where it doesn't like to change minutes and the chrono hand jitters really bad? All the pics online show them super smooth. Its serviced as well.

The chrono (big seconds) hand on the rep 4130 movement will always be a bit jittery because the rep movement doesn't use the fancy LIGA chrono seconds wheel, but rather has a standard brass chrono seconds wheel. The LIGA wheel that rolex uses effectively removes any backlash between the chrono seconds wheel and the seconds wheel in the movement when the chrono is engaged. This is because each of the LIGA wheel teeth is a tiny spring that grabs the tooth of the wheel that it's meshed with, and thus doesn't allow any play between the wheels. The play between these two wheels is what causes the chrono hand to appear to stutter when the chrono is engaged.

This is what the gen chronograph seconds wheel looks like:
More info can be found here: https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/11/rolex-daytona-movement-4130-liga.html

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
The chrono (big seconds) hand on the rep 4130 movement will always be a bit jittery because the rep movement doesn't use the fancy LIGA chrono seconds wheel, but rather has a standard brass chrono seconds wheel. The LIGA wheel that rolex uses effectively removes any backlash between the chrono seconds wheel and the seconds wheel in the movement when the chrono is engaged. This is because each of the LIGA wheel teeth is a tiny spring that grabs the tooth of the wheel that it's meshed with, and thus doesn't allow any play between the wheels. The play between these two wheels is what causes the chrono hand to appear to stutter when the chrono is engaged.

This is what the gen chronograph seconds wheel looks like:
jf1op8.jpg

More info can be found here: https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/11/rol...4130-liga.html

Thats just it though i am totaly fine with a bit jittery. I have a 7750, I’m used to it.
BUT…
It makes it really annoying to share this problem. because it wont ever be as smooth as gen, thats obvious, but mine is REALLY bad. The ones online all the noobs and cleans are butter smooth at least compared to mine. Mine only ticks about 2 times per second for about 1/3 of the dial travel. When it arrived it had condensation in it as well, so im worried itncould be water damage.

also, the gen 4130’s didn’t always have liga, and they are still very smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thats just it though i am totaly fine with a bit jittery. I have a 7750, I’m used to it.
BUT…
It makes it really annoying to share this problem. because it wont ever be as smooth as gen, thats obvious, but mine is REALLY bad. The ones online all the noobs and cleans are butter smooth at least compared to mine. Mine only ticks about 2 times per second for about 1/3 of the dial travel. When it arrived it had condensation in it as well, so im worried itncould be water damage.

also, the gen 4130’s didn’t always have liga, and they are still very smooth.

It sounds like you might have received a lemon Daytona. It sounds like it should probably be serviced right away by a good local watch smith. And yes, the LIGA parts weren't always there in the gen 4130 movement, but the level of precision and finishing on gen parts is considerably better than the level on the movements from Dandong. But that's also why we don't wait 3 years and pay $17500 to an AD for a watch. And if the stuttering hand really bothers you that much, consider buying the LIGA parts and have the watch smith install them when s/he does the service to solve that condensation problem.

Reactions: SuperLory

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
It sounds like you might have received a lemon Daytona. It sounds like it should probably be serviced right away by a good local watch smith. And yes, the LIGA parts weren't always there in the gen 4130 movement, but the level of precision and finishing on gen parts is considerably better than the level on the movements from Dandong. But that's also why we don't wait 3 years and pay $17500 to an AD for a watch. And if the stuttering hand really bothers you that much, consider buying the LIGA parts and have the watch smith install them when s/he does the service to solve that condensation problem.

I absolutely am going to do sxactly that. i was just hoping that you would know what made mine a lemon so i could fix it.