• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Too wide and rounded case from noob when you look front, clean definetly have better case in all aspects, also clean have little shorter lugs and noob little longer than gen so no winner there
Check out comparison of the front lugs

This pic of your Noob is really bad compared to your usual one, the angle makes the lugs appear wide and short, in my opinion not corresponding to reality.
If I remember correctly the base of your Noob is a V3 and here could be the explanation of your comments on the shape of the case.
I do not know if the lugs of the Noob Daytona are longer than the gen (in this regard I would be curious to know how you managed to measure them), but the problem lies in the fact that in the CF the SEL is as long as the lugs and it is not shorter as it should be. And this flaw is noticeable immediately.
I remember how proud you were of your beautiful Noob Daytona and this "betrayal" makes me a little sorry :(

Reactions: OverTheTop

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
This pic of your Noob is really bad compared to your usual one, the angle makes the lugs appear wide and short, in my opinion not corresponding to reality.
If I remember correctly the base of your Noob is a V3 and here could be the explanation of your comments on the shape of the case.
I do not know if the lugs of the Noob Daytona are longer than the gen (in this regard I would be curious to know how you managed to measure them), but the problem lies in the fact that in the CF the SEL is as long as the lugs and it is not shorter as it should be. And this flaw is noticeable immediately.
I remember how proud you were of your beautiful Noob Daytona and this "betrayal" makes me a little sorry :(

Im not saying that noob is bad but looks wrong compared to cf from all angles, cf are narrower ,sharper and closer to gen in all angles shapes, i think 2841 already compared both and with gen and said detailed explanation… again my noob was one of the best in sel-lugs but before clean release and still have better sel recession than mine cf at the moment but super tight sels and closer to gen lugs looks better in my opinion
btw my clean lugs are still slightly longer than sels bro

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
btw my clean lugs are still slightly longer than sels bro

Hahaha, maybe at this zoom level bro, but for what little I know of you, I'm sure you'd want them longer than they are.
Anyway you are right Clean case is overall better than the Noob one, but this defect is serious (and the recession too) because it cannot be solved. Arf should model a new sel for this case

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Has anyone tried fitting gen pushers to the clean case? I'm guessing if noob don't fit, gen won't either

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
It looks like the thread had to be tapped out to a slightly larger diameter rather than the more tricky task of filling and re-tapping. Do you happen to know the size of the tap used? I am about to embark on the same work. Thanks for any insights you can share.

I know that my watchmaker had to increase the diameter, but sorry no, i dont know the exact size

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Anyone know if the ARF Daytona crown can swap in the Clean?
Similarly is the ARF Daytona xtal an improvement on the Clean xtal?

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Anyone know if the ARF Daytona crown can swap in the Clean?
Similarly is the ARF Daytona xtal an improvement on the Clean xtal?

Good idea !

Might give it a try , hope it fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk