• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 clone with self winding power reserve issues

philipc

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
11/10/10
North Korea
i have a NOOB Submariner fitted with a clone 3135 movement. The watch keeps good time but will run out of steam at odd times. Once the watch has been hand wound, it tends to stop suddenlly after 12 - 14 hours so I ma questioning the mainspring and self winding mechanism. The rotor sounds like it is spinning. Can anyone recommend someone who could service or change over movement, based in the UK.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Power reserve issues are common with these clones, installing a gen mainspring should solve it.

philipc

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
11/10/10
North Korea
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any ideas on who might be able to change mainspring in UK?

philipc

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
11/10/10
North Korea
I have looked but not found anyone in the UK. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

philipc

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
11/10/10
North Korea
I have looked but not found anyone in the UK. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
ado213 will be able to fix the issue.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Sounds like a reversing wheels problem.
If you have the tools, it’s a pretty easy fix.

Of course, you can always pay a little extra and get gen reversing wheels. But, you can also take the 2 reversing wheels off and on the underside. You will see a thin strip of steel. That pops off. Be very careful because there is a little lever in there. those levers sometimes do not engage because they’re not deep enough.

So you just pop those out. Get a 2 pairs of tweezers. 1 to hold the lever down and the other to GENTLY bend them towards the teeth. This will make the teeth engage deeper and not unwind the entire mainspring if it doesn’t engage n

If you don’t know what any of that means or don’t have the tools, send it to Aldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spoons