• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the new Submariner GMF V2

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Amazing review Sir. Many thanks for doing it. I was curious about the lugs vs VSF and they do seem slightly thicker but otherwise a real step up for GMF and a great option for a fun out of the box experience.

birdvasabi

Horology Curious
3/11/21
Thank you very much for your review. I will get this one from Andrew as well. Now it's on the way to me. Seem like it a great choice while VSF is not available.

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
would you go the the wrapped one for another $300?
worth them all, at least the Nikz19 plating, it's great

I think he meant to ask if you would consider selling him your vsf one for an additional $300 on what you paid.

If that's the case, he can go F himself and play with auctions at the 'bay.. This is not how RWI works

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I think he meant to ask if you would consider selling him your vsf one for an additional $300 on what you paid.

If that's the case, he can go F himself and play with auctions at the 'bay.. This is not how RWI works

Ahahaha, thanks for the translation .. it was better to live in ignorance here, but good laughs!

RunningFast

14/8/18
Waco, TX
That is a fantastic review. Thanks for your opinions and the photos. I have been considering a Smurf but this review has pushed me over the edge. Could you answer a simple question for me? Having had both in your hands and evaluating each for comparison, which do you actually like better as a whole. You did great breaking down what we all look for in a Sub rep. Singularities aside, what looked and felt better in your hands and on your wrist. You have had the advantage of actually touching them and seeing them with the naked eye, something I cannot do from reading. I understand this would be pure opinion on your behalf but I would certainly value it.

Thanks!

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Having had both in your hands and evaluating each for comparison, which do you actually like better as a whole
The VS is already WG plated and he already sold the GMF so I think it's pretty clear :p

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Very good VS thread OP, thank you.

It's nice to see GMF stepping up with their Subs. The rehaut engravings need more work too, but the overall result is quite decent. Tempting alternative indeed.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Björn_Ironside amazing review bro! Do you think GMF v2s' crystal is on par with ZF's? The AR coating blackhole on the cyclops.????

as we know, only vsf had a very good crystal, so good that it could be left stock.
zf and the others have less good crystals than vsf but not bad. indeed, I myself was amazed by the crystal on the gmf, I did not imagine it had such a quality. so I would say that gmf has an excellent crystal. it is clear that, if you aim for the like gen, vsf is the best in stock

Reactions: vipstyle888

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
as we know, only vsf had a very good crystal, so good that it could be left stock.
zf and the others have less good crystals than vsf but not bad. indeed, I myself was amazed by the crystal on the gmf, I did not imagine it had such a quality. so I would say that gmf has an excellent crystal. it is clear that, if you aim for the like gen, vsf is the best in stock

Can you post some more wrist shots for us buddy - the details are great but some general shots across different light would be nice.

One thing that stood out in your OP was just how good the ZF is. Crown guards aside, that is the best 116610 rep out there now IMO. May have to get myself a LN to replace my old ARF.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Can you post some more wrist shots for us buddy - the details are great but some general shots across different light would be nice.

One thing that stood out in your OP was just how good the ZF is. Crown guards aside, that is the best 116610 rep out there now IMO. May have to get myself a LN to replace my old ARF.

hey hello friend, unfortunately the gmf has already been sold in m2m, it was bought waiting for a vsf, which in the meantime I found.
however, yes. the ZF is one of the best subs currently on the rep market. I've been saying this for some time. zf is never put on the best sub list to replace the deceased vsf. it is never considered and this is a big mistake.

surely the zf sub, post raid, maybe they don't have the very high quality of the pre raid. however I believe that even today it is, indeed it must be, one of the best options to be considered by anyone who wants to buy a sub rep.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
zf is never put on the best sub list to replace the deceased vsf. it is never considered and this is a big mistake.

I totally agree. And i personally think that OOTB the hulk version is even better than the VSF (better dial/better hands/better rehaut)

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
We often forget that we're under influence of VSF disappearance. We tend to make it the "perfect" Sub rep, but despite its overall very good build and the fact that it sort of set a new standard, it had its flaws as well.

Also it's true that your very good review puts the ZF option in the spolight too, your pics show how good these are.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
I'm in an odd place. Over the last few months I've vacillated between buying a 126610LN from 4 different factories. CF, RF, JVS and now GMF. They all appear to be great reps but all have slightly different issues. None of them seem to be so horrendous that you can see from 10ft away. They are miniscule. So why am I hesitating ? I already own a GMF Yachtmaster and it's great. Why can't I pull the trigger ? Am I waiting for some "Super Review" that says unequivocally that "this" is the rep to buy ??? Is it possible that I'm angered by my inability to make a choice ??? wtf ?