• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any decent Gmt root beers out there

Kriley53132

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/20
Not having a lot of luck finding much info on gmt root beer reps. GMF makes one and a rose gold but I’m curious at how the gold plating holds up. The little info out there doesn’t look good also it doesn’t look like the movements in the watch are very good (future time bombs).anybody else have any info or can point me in the right direction would greatly appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not having a lot of luck finding much info on gmt root beer reps. GMF makes one and a rose gold but I’m curious at how the gold plating holds up. The little info out there doesn’t look good also it doesn’t look like the movements in the watch are very good (future time bombs).anybody else have any info or can point me in the right direction would greatly appreciate the help.

Post 2037, and read to the end

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...2#post10269672

Plating can be hit or miss. BP/GMF are considered by many to be the best. I have several BP FG and TTs that are holding up well going on 3 years.

2836 ICHS movements are reliable

True clone VR3185/6 are also reliable. GMF is now offering the great VR3186 in its Pepsi, maybe it could be done in the CHNR. I don't recommend the GMF SA3285

If you dont want to spend a lot, the BP 2836 or even the BP DG2813 might scratch your itch OK

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...126711&x=0&y=0

BP 2836 or 2813
15805849549248.jpg

15802350829650.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: H S and Kriley53132

Kriley53132

25/6/20
Thanks so much for the link not quite sure how I missed an entire thread on GMT‘s but a reading I will go. Appreciate the help and the insight

Reactions: KJ2020

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
I recently purchased the GMF "wrapped" Root Beer and the finish was less than desirable right out of the box. It has since been re-plated, and looks much better, but I wish I would have just opted for the non-wrapped version. Just my $.02.

Reactions: Kriley53132

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I recently purchased the GMF "wrapped" Root Beer and the finish was less than desirable right out of the box. It has since been re-plated, and looks much better, but I wish I would have just opted for the non-wrapped version. Just my $.02.

Who did you use for plating?

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Who did you use for plating?

It's a gentleman in California that Li, from Jtime, referred me to. He offers all kinds of services. I've asked the guy if he's ok with me forwarding his contact info to other interested parties. If he agrees, I'll PM you with the details. I don't know what kind of a backlog he has, etc. and I don't want his email getting blown up without his prior approval. lol

Reactions: KJ2020

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
I've had my GMF 2836 plated rootie for coming to half a year now and the plating looks just like day 1.
There are a few things that i want to point out tho,

1) the bezel finishing is very rough as compared to the other sub and GMT i have from VSF and Clean respectively.
2) the Xtal and Cyclops is not good, especially the cyclops, its really dark when looking through it and the AR is not good as well
3) the bracelet construction is loose and rattly as well even after full 24hours of soaking

That being said, the movement 2836 is reliable so long you do not mind the ICHS(which is honestly not obvious unless you are looking for it), The color of the TT bezel and Everrose is the best you can get for now.

If you really are a sucker for the rootbeer, just jump on it. Despite its obvious flaws compared to its other model and factory's counterparts, i still love the GMF Rootbeer.

Kriley53132

25/6/20
How’s the sa3186? I see owf offers it. Also what’s the consensus and OWF all blue GMT with a Jubilee has anybody seen one in person?

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I sent a DD to be white gold plated, pretty convinced it was returned without a damn thing done to it. He even admitted that his gold replenisher may have been low at the time. No offer for a refund, just "send it back at your cost and I'll do it again".... no chance.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
To bad Nik is in Europe. Anyone have anyone good in CONUS that replates?