• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hello folks
Looking for a no date vsf submariner
anyone know which TD has them in stock. Usually use Andrew at trusty but he doesn’t have. I know I’m going to get some heat for asking but I can’t find the info!

VSF only makes the 114060, and the availability of it is pretty scarce

Adonys

Looking Around
27/6/15
Hello

i purchased this VSF back in February from Andrew, and I actually just noticed that the SEL is off,
in QC pictures you couldn’t really see.
Problem is once you see it you can’t unsee it.
My question is : can this be fixed?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That sucks but it's your bad luck. There is little you can do about it either. The problem is where the holes are drilled on the case to accomdate the bracelet pins.

Now I imagine the factory has a proper method, a drill and watch case shaped jig for this and if done properly, once the watch case has been fastened down securely, the holes are drilled in the correct place by a very professional operator wearing his ppe.. with a nice sharp drill bit which is changed regularly and plenty of that white milky stuff drizlzing over it to aid cooling durling the cutting process.
However, I suspect the reality is quite different.. a potentially over worked untrained op trying to buzz through 100 cases in 30 mins taking little if any care to make sure each one is perfect.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Reactions: Adonys

Perpetual_One

Supporter
8/4/10
UK
Hey guys any idea what lead time is for VSF at the min ordered 126610LN from TD 20th may. They are telling me they only release stock once a month?

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
I received my CF bracelet for my 126610LN today and it does have slightly better SELs, and better clasp with smaller gap. Very minor improvements, but exactly what I was looking for.

Do you have any pics of this that you can share? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my VSF 126610LV

The butcher

Horology Curious
6/4/22

Just thought I’d post a thank you for everyone’s contributions on this forum. I’ve been reading & reading since before I joined. I took the advice of the masses and did my research on here to answer any questions or doubts.
I contacted Sead about the 126610ln and made the purchase shortly after. I’ve had the watch 6 weeks or so & still in love with it. Still find myself doing wrist rolls to myself ????. Am I the only one?
Did initially find the crown a little rough to screw in but took advice of others & wound it anti-clockwise to find the thread and also applied a small amount of silicone grease to the thread. Now it screws in very nicely.
Yet to do the baby oil bath on the bracelet but it’s not really an issue.
I wore it out on Saturday night and a random stranger walked past & said, nice watch!
I’ve showed it to 2 friends who have gens and they couldn’t believe how good it was in the hand.
I just hope it holds up for the foreseeable future, the question is do I buy a back up?

Anyway great forum & thread people!

TheNickGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
Do you have any pics of this that you can share? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my VSF 126610LV

Hey, my pictures would be almost exactly the same as those posted a few pages back, so I decided not to take and post. The interior of the glide-lock is also cosmetically better and the mechanism is slightly smoother. Overall it is an improvement, I don't know if it was worth 1/3 of the price of the watch but I am happy with it.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hey guys, been a fairly long time since I’ve used the forum. What version are these subs on now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The butcher

Horology Curious
6/4/22
Hi, posted on this thread on 6th June about how pleased I was with my VSF 126610ln. I still am…but I’m having a bit of an issue with the clasp.
Firstly I’ve emailed Sead and he’s been helpful and given me the details of his watchsmith but he hasn’t got back to me yet.
Sead said it would be an easy fix.
Ive managed to get the spring bar back in the recess but I have to be careful as it does pop out again. It seems like the recess hole for the bar isn’t milled out enough.
I’ve searched quite a lot on here and Reptime for a similar issue to see if it can be easily rectified but can’t find one.
Has anyone had similar or any advice?
Does anyone know what size spring bar it is? It may be that a new spring bar may help.
I asked Sead if I could buy a new bracelet but he said there is no chance. Does an ARF/ Clean fit well? And if so which TD is most likely to get one?
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Reactions: Anaanis

wmass

17/4/22
Hey guys, been a fairly long time since I’ve used the forum. What version are these subs on now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the current most popular model is the 126610LV or the 126610LN

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It looks like the hole is mangled. Did you attempt to drill it or deepen it?

The butcher

Horology Curious
6/4/22
Thanks for the reply. No not attempted anything. I would like it sorting properly really. I agree it does look mangled compared to the opposite side. I must admit a drill had crossed my mind if I had one but it would need to be tiny and precise. I thought I could end up in a world of pain if I went down that route though. Sead’s watchsmith has got back to me so I’ll send it to him to hopefully work his magic.

makeherdance

Known Member
28/11/18

I received my CF bracelet as well today.
Bracelet & clasp is overall better, but SELs are not as good as VSF - SELs looks more like 116610.

Last edited:

markrubyred

4/10/19
I received my CF bracelet as well today.
Bracelet & clasp is overall better, but SELs are not as good as VSF - SELs looks more like 116610.

CF and VSF both use ARF clasp and bracelet. The code should be 1LD for the 126610 which is on my CF 124060