• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Pdynsl

Horology Curious
7/5/22
I just want a sub that looks as real as possible for the least money same as everyone and didn't think it would be this hard to find out which to go get ! I give up ,,, Ive spent more time chatting shit in this forum than I thought I'd have to when the group is full of so called experience and expertise ! And no qled is better than oled and why all good company's needing a good screen go to Samsung including apple for their phones !!! And I own an oled and it's brilliant but I also own a Samsung and side by side the Samsung wins and can be found cheaper !!!!! See how easy that was anyone that's been answering in fucking riddles and won't say go buy this or that ! Honestly don't know what the fuck you lot do in here if you can't say one clone is better than another and advise someone on atleast a couple to look at ! Peace out

Reactions: GottaHave

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I just want a sub that looks as real as possible for the least money same as everyone and didn't think it would be this hard to find out which to go get ! I give up ,,, Ive spent more time chatting shit in this forum than I thought I'd have to when the group is full of so called experience and expertise ! And no qled is better than oled and why all good company's needing a good screen go to Samsung including apple for their phones !!! And I own an oled and it's brilliant but I also own a Samsung and side by side the Samsung wins and can be found cheaper !!!!! See how easy that was anyone that's been answering in fucking riddles and won't say go buy this or that ! Honestly don't know what the fuck you lot do in here if you can't say one clone is better than another and advise someone on atleast a couple to look at ! Peace out

It's not hard to find, it's just that you don't want to listen to anyone here and you don't want to read anything, you just want to be told what's best, which you've been explained is a question that doesn't make sense.this is not talking in riddles, if you don't want to understand that things are a little different from what you had imagined and listen to people with a little more experiebce than you who tell you how to go about it, then yes you're not gonna find what you're looking for here.

I peoposed​​​ a deal to you, which you tried to be smart about, but as soon as you realized that you needed to spend like an hour reading a couple of threads you gave up. Sorry but if you don't have time, neither do members here to prepare a nice little summary for you.

The 2 Clean factories you have mentioned are good rep, you'll lilely be happy with any of these. Now is it going to best solution for you? Back to square 1, only you can tell

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22

I disagree Samsung makes the best TV, I have a Sony which I feel blows samsung out of the water for comparative model/pricing.

See how everyone has differing opinions?

Reactions: ElwoodBlues

AnExpensiveBracelet

17/4/22
It's not hard to find, it's just that you don't want to listen to anyone here and you don't want to read anything, you just want to be told what's best, which you've been explained is a question that doesn't make sense.this is not talking in riddles, if you don't want to understand that things are a little different from what you had imagined and listen to people with a little more experiebce than you who tell you how to go about it, then yes you're not gonna find what you're looking for here.

I peoposed​​​ a deal to you, which you tried to be smart about, but as soon as you realized that you needed to spend like an hour reading a couple of threads you gave up. Sorry but if you don't have time, neither do members here to prepare a nice little summary for you.

The 2 Clean factories you have mentioned are good rep, you'll lilely be happy with any of these. Now is it going to best solution for you? Back to square 1, only you can tell

Speaking of this, I prefer the VSF 114060 over the CF version (aka I can accept the VSF flaws better) Unfortunately JTime is out of the VSF, well lets hope the next release from VSF would be an even better version

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
And Samsung deffinatly make the best TVs with LG a close second !!!!

E586-CC46-466-E-4-DA4-AC44-340-CDBE23-CCC.gif

Last edited:

datboymunz

Horology Curious
31/3/22
do you guys trust the waterproofing of VSF straight from factory? Trusty told me it had a waterproof test done by the factory but should i wear in shower/pool or it it going to break?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
do you guys trust the waterproofing of VSF straight from factory? Trusty told me it had a waterproof test done by the factory but should i wear in shower/pool or it it going to break?

Never, you might get lucky but youay also ruin a nice rep. Better to always get them tested, won't cost you much and then you'll be safe

Reactions: P..DR..D

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

I've bought a dozen VSF's and each one I checked has had a loose caseback, only finger tight. So no, don't trust it. Once it has been tightened there's a good chance it'll be waterproof for a few meters a least enough to shower or swim..but it might not. Check your casebacks folks.

Reactions: P..DR..D

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I've bought a dozen VSF's and each one I checked has had a loose caseback, only finger tight..

After I bought mine I was to the watchsmith leaving it for full service, while there he opened the case back and I can tell you it required some force to open the case and this with proper casenack opener tool for Rollie , definitely not finger tight.
However still don't trust to get this in the water more than a shower, have other watches 300mt that I can swim/dive with :D

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
QUOTE=up2wind;n10725507]
Did i? Im asking for confirmation from the person who posted that if you can read it correctly.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is, gen with no stickers as it has been well worn over the years.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
zDm8Tj.jpg

This pic shows another gen vs rep thing that has seen not a lot of discussion. The gen markers / hands are white gold so they look most of the times bronze vs the rep markers being always silver / white.

Last edited:

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
zDm8Tj.jpg

This pic shows another gen vs rep thing that has seen not a lot of discussion. The gen markers / hands are white gold so they look most of the times bronze vs the rep markers being always silver / white.

Yup, as with all of rolexes gold. They have a slight yellowish tinge or shimmer to them. Harder to spot on hands and indices due to smaller surface areas and lighting conditions. More obvious on surfaces such as the dj41 fluted bezel.

Reactions: Kalev007

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I have a gen 124060 and a vsf pre raid 114060. Its so damn close…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Galenik

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
If you are looking for the almost best modern rep Rollies, honestly VSF is the only way to go despite there are strong contenders like CF and ZF

Reactions: Legitimatemonth

TheNickGuy

Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
I received my CF bracelet for my 126610LN today and it does have slightly better SELs, and better clasp with smaller gap. Very minor improvements, but exactly what I was looking for.

My VSF bracelet and a 21mm Jubilee will be listed for sale soon on the forum, PM me if interested.

Reactions: michael0703

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
This "catfish" thing is way over rated, I don't have a Gen 116 but my Gen SD43 gap looks bigger. Go figure...

zZuqXi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929