• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Ok so 11xxxx subs vsf + CF bracelet | and 12xxxx Subs all vsf are the way to go atm?

Would have thought to prefer at least the cf clasp visually and in terms of haptics on the 12xxxx subs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I think the current 116610 is fine, these will only need a bracelet upgrade (for the better midlink) if yours needs it. Some don't, it's your luck. The 126610 is good to go to. I don't buy into the catfish clasp thing for either watch. No upgrades required. Spend your cash on more watches. All my opinion of course.

Reactions: GottaHave

TheNickGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
I think the current 116610 is fine, these will only need a bracelet upgrade (for the better midlink) if yours needs it. Some don't, it's your luck. The 126610 is good to go to. I don't buy into the catfish clasp thing for either watch. No upgrades required. Spend your cash on more watches. All my opinion of course.

Thank you, StreetFighter,

I will also be looking to "upgrade" my VSF bracelet to a CF/ARF clasp, but plan to keep the rest of the oyster bracelet as VSF based on your feedback.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

I bought a vsf 126610 ln to see if I like it better than my pre raid vsf 114060.

Reactions: TheNickGuy

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
I bought a vsf 126610 ln to see if I like it better than my pre raid vsf 114060.

As always, you have to be lucky. Had a lot of vsf watches in hand that totally disappointed me.

You just have to find the one good one and to not be stupid enough to sell it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: TheNickGuy

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Do you guys know how many links at 12h and 6h has a genuine 126610 out of the box (sels excluded)? And in which of the many positions is set the glide lock?

And… I guess they should be the same, but do you also remember how many links has at 12/6h the vsf bracelet?

I have just resized the bracelet of a TC as per a genuine 16610 and I’d like to do the same on my vsf, bc I think I did something wrong when I received it (I have more links at 6 than 12 and the clasp is off centered).

Unfortunately I don’t have a gen 126610 to compare and all the videos I found on YT show just the side at 6h.

Anyone?

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Dnt know if there is a standard amount of links at 6 or 12, i dnt mind since the glasp in centered, thats what matters? ...;)

Sure it is, gens as well reps have them.

What are you trying to achieve, mate?

I’m trying to gen-spec resize the bracelet of my 126610 (I know, a bit anal…) On 5 digit subs R factory recommend to remove links at 6h, just wondering if the same could be applied also to ceramic subs by asking how many links gens out of the box have.

carroll_llc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/1/22

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited by a moderator:

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU

I’m trying to gen-spec resize the bracelet of my 126610 (I know, a bit anal…) On 5 digit subs R factory recommend to remove links at 6h, just wondering if the same could be applied also to ceramic subs by asking how many links gens out of the box have.

Normally 6 on each side but there is no "Gen spec", the AD sizes the bracelet and puts the extra links in the box, with a tissue and a note of thanks ;) (maybe chocolate, too, if he REALLY likes you)

Reactions: mandipan

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21

I’ve always removed links from the 12 o’clock side as you need 6 on the 6 0clock side for the clasp to be under your wrist, even with a small wrist.
others may do it differently, my wrist isn’t small but taking a link from the 6 0 clock side would pull the clasp right to the very edge of the wrist if not even making it stick out.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I’ve always removed links from the 12 o’clock side as you need 6 on the 6 0clock side for the clasp to be under your wrist, even with a small wrist.
others may do it differently, my wrist isn’t small but taking a link from the 6 0 clock side would pull the clasp right to the very edge of the wrist if not even making it stick out.

i always remove 1 link from the 6 on subs. 12 links can be adjusted from glidelock.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
i always remove 1 link from the 6 on subs. 12 links can be adjusted from glidelock.
I’ve never needed more than 1 link taken out and removing it from the 6 side simply pulls the clasp too far to the corner of the wrist so it sticks out. Taking 1 link from the 12 and having the glide lock almost at its shortest point, not it’s longest means the clasp is perfectly Central under my wrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: wubsub

Flock

7/3/16
I’ve never needed more than 1 link taken out and removing it from the 6 side simply pulls the clasp too far to the corner of the wrist so it sticks out. Taking 1 link from the 12 and having the glide lock almost at its shortest point, not it’s longest means the clasp is perfectly Central under my wrist.

+1

iPhone Tapatalk