• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I can't tell you much about amplitude, sorry. Nice mini review above, I don't think you got lucky, you just weren't unlucky. All my VSF's have had a gen like bezel function and a smooth crown and tube. This is one of the main difference between VSF and the other Submariners that are available, the other watches will likely have a bezel that'll turn with little resistance or too much or it may be tight and loose at the same time and a crown and tube that feels like it has sand in the threads.

This is build quality, things you cannot see in pictures.

Last edited:

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Do you guys know how many links at 12h and 6h has a genuine 126610 out of the box (sels excluded)? And in which of the many positions is set the glide lock?

And… I guess they should be the same, but do you also remember how many links has at 12/6h the vsf bracelet?

I have just resized the bracelet of a TC as per a genuine 16610 and I’d like to do the same on my vsf, bc I think I did something wrong when I received it (I have more links at 6 than 12 and the clasp is off centered).

Unfortunately I don’t have a gen 126610 to compare and all the videos I found on YT show just the side at 6h.

Jura

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Hello, I am a newbie from Belarus. I've been reading the forum for a long time and I'm interested in Rolex copies. Now I am looking for a VSF 41 mm kermit watch model and I came across on the aliexpress website one offer for the sale of watches and the vtrtimewatch.io store is indicated there, and there are positive customer reviews that say that they really sell VSF watches there. I would like to hear your opinion on this https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003617155497.html?spm=a2g2w.productlist.0.0.b850197bk8JoRa

Patekki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/21
Netherlands
Nikz send me a picture of my new vsf replated. Look at it WOW
08e230dcb273ad7b9124477ee8c667b8.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jura

Horology Curious
26/9/19
the seller also suggests paying attention to the MIF manufacturer and says that the quality of MIF is even better than VSF

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello, I am a newbie from Belarus. I've been reading the forum for a long time and I'm interested in Rolex copies. Now I am looking for a VSF 41 mm kermit watch model and I came across on the aliexpress website one offer for the sale of watches and the vtrtimewatch.io store is indicated there, and there are positive customer reviews that say that they really sell VSF watches there. I would like to hear your opinion on this https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003617155497.html?spm=a2g2w.productlist.0.0.b850197bk8JoRa

Welcome newbie from 2019

Take a look at the section called trusted dealers, this is whom you want to buy from, not Ali Express or any random IG seller
Good luck

Jura

Horology Curious
26/9/19
продавец также предлагает обратить внимание на производителя МИФ и говорит, что качество МИФ даже лучше, чем ВСФ

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
продавец также предлагает обратить внимание на производителя МИФ и говорит, что качество МИФ даже лучше, чем ВСФ

And please stick to English, thanks

Jura

Horology Curious
26/9/19
the seller also suggests paying attention to the MIF manufacturer and says that the quality of MIF is even better than VSF

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16

Not sure if anybody already commented on your pics. The hulk seems to be new Stock actually. S39 serial is for a supposed new batch that should have come out. What’s your clasp code? 6SH?

Cheers :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Not sure if anybody already commented on your pics. The hulk seems to be new Stock actually. S39 serial is for a supposed new batch that should have come out. What’s your clasp code? 6SH?

Cheers :)

6SH

Reactions: timmywatch

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK
I'd love to see the movement, it must be 1:1.

Good question. Aside from the internal parts, there is not that much bang for buck to be had swapping out the bezel and dial with gen? The black VSF dial is like a black pool, I could dive into it.

I'm not taking anything away from it, it's stunning and if I had those parts to hand I'd use them too just as our man above has, quite right.

However, for those newbies reading, if you are starting from scratch with no gen parts, the best bang for buck upgrades to a VSF126610 would be another bracelet (cheapest upgrade, for the endlinks) hands and a crystal (for the cyclops). I'd start there. Those immediate in your face visual upgrades will instantly make it more gen like. However.. it's not going to pass the 20x loupe test until you do the dial and bezel and the internals etc.

If that franken was finished with a set of hands and crystal and some better endlinks, it would be dangerous! Hopefully Triplock will keep going with it.

Is there a specific bracelet you recommend as an upgrade for a 116610? I would like to get that done on mine. Since purchasing my VSF I have Frankened it up a lot (gen dial, hands, full bezel and insert, date wheel and crystal) but the bracelet is lacking. I agree it probably isn't necessarily worth the upgrade on the dial, however I did appreciate the gen hands, bezel and crystal. BUT 99% of people out there would not notice a difference probably, it was just for me a passion project :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is there a specific bracelet you recommend as an upgrade for a 116610? I would like to get that done on mine. Since purchasing my VSF I have Frankened it up a lot (gen dial, hands, full bezel and insert, date wheel and crystal) but the bracelet is lacking. I agree it probably isn't necessarily worth the upgrade on the dial, however I did appreciate the gen hands, bezel and crystal. BUT 99% of people out there would not notice a difference probably, it was just for me a passion project :)

I've changed my opinion since I wrote that. Having handled and viewed a number of gen 126610, the VSF (and current CF) bracelet is very gen like. The 126610 endlinks are not like the 116610 endlnks, this was my assumption. in fact, gen 126610 endlinks (midlink step) are a little shallow and less defined compared to 116610.

Which leaves just the crystal to upgrade, but in my opinion the crystal is pretty good, it's just the cyclops distorts around the edges, I don't care enough about that to want to spend £££ on a crystal upgrade. It's not like it has a white ring around the crystal and needs changing ootb.

Again, I've had gen 126610 in my hands, I had to check the numbers (rehaut/clasp) to make sure it wasn't actually a VSF! No need to franken it whatsoever.

Last edited:

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
I've changed my opinion since I wrote that. Having handled and viewed a number of gen 126610, the VSF (and current CF) bracelet is very gen like. The 126610 endlinks are not like the 116610 endlnks, this was my assumption. in fact, gen 126610 endlinks (midlink step) are a little shallow and less defined compared to 116610.

Which leaves just the crystal to upgrade, but in my opinion the crystal is pretty good, it's just the cyclops distorts around the edges, I don't care enough about that to want to spend £££ on a crystal upgrade. It's not like it has a white ring around the crystal and needs changing ootb.

Again, I've had gen 126610 in my hands, I had to check the numbers (rehaut/clasp) to make sure it wasn't actually a VSF! No need to franken it whatsoever.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Ok so 11xxxx subs vsf + CF bracelet | and 12xxxx Subs all vsf are the way to go atm?

Would have thought to prefer at least the cf clasp visually and in terms of haptics on the 12xxxx subs.