• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
This is why I love rwi. Thanks mate.
I will try to replicate or have some professional do it for me once I service my epic 126610.

The endlink will have to be removed to do it but I think it’s possible to create the desired effect if someone is up to the task. It’s very tedious and labor intensive.

Reactions: Wacht

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Will an arf bracelet fit the 116610 vsf early models?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I had a gen 126610LV in my hands today during a visit to my grey dealer. I also viewed a few more 12 series Subs while window shopping. I can confirm the SEL midlinks are very similar to VSF and the current CF.
The SEL’s on the 12 subs are not like the 11 subs. The 12’s have a shallow step and blunt edge compared to the 11’s.

My conclusion is there is no need to change your bracelets on the 12 series subs, they are close enough to gen the way they are.

The gen I had in my hands was so close to VSF that I had to check the serial and clasp to make sure it wasn’t actually a VSF. It’s amazing how close these are, there really is no point in buying gen (investment aside).

Last edited:

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
I had a gen 126610LV in my hands today during a visit to my grey dealer. I also viewed a few more 12 series Subs while window shopping. I can confirm the SEL midlinks are very similar to VSF and the current CF.
The SEL’s on the 12 subs are not like the 11 subs. The 12’s have a shallow step and blunt edge compared to the 11’s.

My conclusion is there is no need to change your bracelets on the 12 series subs, they are close enough to gen the way they are.

The gen I had in my hands was so close to VSF that I had to check the serial and clasp to make sure it wasn’t actually a VSF. It’s amazing how close these are, there really is no point in buying gen (investment aside).

Is it true the first vsf’s 116610 reps didn’t have great feeling bracelets compared to gen?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is it true the first vsf’s 116610 reps didn’t have great feeling bracelets compared to gen?

I got my first around November 2020. It was a little later as it as the LV which came after the LN, it felt like gen. I believe some of those who ordered the first LN's didn't find anything special about them, but whether this was because they were not as good as they are now or lack of experience, I'm not sure. My memory is vague but there may have been another clasp code early on, it had a screw hole on the side of the clasp that wasn't there on gen or later versions of the bracelet so it may well have been a lesser quality bracelet, 6SH, I could be wrong?

Last edited:

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
I understand this is a submariner thread, though has anyone purchased any post-raid VSF Date Justs? I saw that they were recently added by the TDs

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Steve at theonewatches also has them. Didn't get a sub but an omega worldtimer from him

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I got my first around November 2020. It was a little later as it as the LV which came after the LN, it felt like gen. I believe some of those who ordered the first LN's didn't find anything special about them, but whether this was because they were not as good as they are now or lack of experience, I'm not sure. My memory is vague but there may have been another clasp code early on, it had a screw hole on the side of the clasp that wasn't there on gen or later versions of the bracelet so it may well have been a lesser quality bracelet, 6SH, I could be wrong?

I have a bracelet with the code 6sh, but I don't understand what you mean. Show me this screw hole on the side of the clasp, thanks

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have a bracelet with the code 6sh, but I don't understand what you mean. Show me this screw hole on the side of the clasp, thanks

I have better things to do than dredge through the history of old VSF threads.

The first link that’s welded to the clasp. Early ones had a visible screw hole on the opposite side. Late ones, like gen, the screw hole is filled in and erased. Look and see.

Reactions: Raffaelloczz

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I have better things to do than dredge through the history of old VSF threads.

The first link that’s welded to the clasp. Early ones had a visible screw hole on the opposite side. Late ones, like gen, the screw hole is filled in and erased. Look and see.

Thanks dear, I checked the clasp of my bracelet but I can't find this defect. Anyway it's better that way :)

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
Despite the whole catfish thing: Where does all the vsf watches recently coming from? What did i missed out?!