• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
That’s that hyperbole I was talking about. By ‘many people’ you mean ‘you‘ right?

And that’s why others are changing bracelets and clasps and posting pictures. Get a grip, we get VSF can do no wrong in your eyes, but there are issues tgat bother others.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Gen has the “catfish” mouth lmao checkmate for the complainers

The clasp in those gen pictures look nothing like the crap, sorry I mean clasp on a VSF. People can deny it’s there all they want, but it’s very obvious. May not bother some, but it bothers others.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandipan

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
According to who? It's the first time we're hearing about this after people have been buying VSF watches for what, like 2 years? And nobody noticed
so its clearly not a real issue to many

It’s been posted about numerous times over the years, and not by myself, you clearly haven’t seen it.
Your obviously happy with your “12 series” VSF, that doesn’t mean others can’t highlight issues that bother them, and by others I don’t just mean myself.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
That's not my main point, my main point is that my gen has your catfish effect, so how is that an issue on a rep?

​​​​​
No it doesn’t, looks nothing like a VSF 12 series clasp.
Side by side, chalk and cheese.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
And who’s talking about your gen.

You were - when you said it looked 'worse' and 'hideous'.

Furthermore, it's not my gen as is obvious to everyone. You'd do well to pay attention.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Can someone tell me if mine has a catfish mouth??

I zoomed your pic and its clearly there.

Screenshot-2022-01-14-at-10-22-31.png

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
You were - when you said it looked 'worse' and 'hideous'.

Furthermore, it's not my gen as is obvious to everyone. You'd do well to pay attention.
jTD6oD.jpg

I was referring to the VSF looking hideous and not the picture posted, you’d do well to pay attention, there’s clearly a massive difference in the 2 clasps and it’s more obvious when on the wrist than in a picture.
I’m done with this anyway. Some people will be happy with the clasp on their VSF, others won’t and will change them.

Last edited:

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Can anyone confirm if a serial number 2R9 and clasp 1LQ would signal a pre raid Starbucks?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What we talking about here, a less than 1mm difference in the gap at the clasp closure?

VSF/gen

Did someone say they 'sold' their VSF because they could not live with this terribly minor difference?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

I think they are all 1LQ (there was some 6SH) and 2R9 pre and post raid. The only difference between them is maybe the hands are better on the more recent watches but I have no idea when the hands upgrade was introduced. The hands on my post raid 126610 are very similar to gen, pointless to upgrade them (I posted a pic a few pages back).

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
That's not my main point, my main point is that my gen has your catfish effect, so how is that an issue on a rep?

​​​​​

No it has not! I wish I had just this dimension of gab on/at/within the clasp! Mine is definitive larger! I'm slowly getting the impression that basically every gap is now called a catfish. However, I can also understand that people who are not affected make fun of it a little. That's fine! :)

Reactions: Marky101

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
What we talking about here, a less than 1mm difference in the gap at the clasp closure?

VSF/gen
jTDwTK.jpg

Did someone say they 'sold' their VSF because they could not live with this terribly minor difference?

That’s not even comparing similar clasps, it’s not just a mm gap, or a minor difference, the entire clasp opening looks different and is unacceptable to many. The watch is not even sitting correctly on your wrist so the clasp is not in the correct position. Is that a 11 or a 12 as it’s the 12 that has fhe biggest problem.
if individuals are happy with theirs, great, if others aren’t, that’s ok also.

Last edited:

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

Experimenting with a SEL from the parts bin. It’s possible to file the outer links lower which creates more definition and a taller center link. I used a fine Swiss file that only cuts on the bottom and doesn’t cut into the sides of the center link. A crisp result is possible. I didn’t brush or polish. This just the result of filing, and I think it has potential.

This is why I love rwi. Thanks mate.
I will try to replicate or have some professional do it for me once I service my epic 126610.