• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
ZVKMNv.png

Found an old photo and reposting... My 1LQ clasp isn't as bad, but clearly there are better options. I will still be buying a CF bracelet due to the full 904L, better clasp and my misaligned lug.

Nice 1, I couldn’t post a pic as I sold the watch it bothered me so much. It’s also more noticeable when on the wrist than it is in the picture above.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Are my watches suffering from dreaded catfish mouth???

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
ZVKMNv.png

Found an old photo and reposting... My 1LQ clasp isn't as bad, but clearly there are better options. I will still be buying a CF bracelet due to the full 904L, better clasp and my misaligned lug.
This is exatly how my clasp looks from the side! It‘s really awful!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Can someone tell me if mine has a catfish mouth??

Tobel

6/7/17

Can someone tell me if mine has a catfish mouth??

I see I had the same idea as Triplock :D
Above is my gen 116610 with the same "catfish effect" as depicted here earlier

Don't forget that it will look different around your rounded wrist as it will if you pull the bracelet and make it perpendicular to the clasp

don't worry folks, there's other flaws out there but this is no issue

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
I see I had the same idea as Triplock :D
Above is my gen 116610 with the same "catfish effect" as depicted here earlier

Don't forget that it will look different around your rounded wrist as it will if you pull the bracelet and make it perpendicular to the clasp

don't worry folks, there's other flaws out there but this is no issue

Your right, it does look different around your wrist, it looks worse. It’s hideous.
It may not be an issue to you, but it’s a real bad flaw and clearly a real issue to many.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Your right, it does look different around your wrist, it looks worse. It’s hideous.
It may not be an issue to you, but it’s a real bad flaw and a real issue to many clearly,

That's not my main point, my main point is that my gen has your catfish effect, so how is that an issue on a rep?

​​​​​

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The clasp is dog shit... hence why so many people change the clasp or won’t wear the watch.

That’s that hyperbole I was talking about. By ‘many people’ you mean ‘you‘ right?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
It may not be an issue to you, but it’s a real bad flaw and clearly a real issue to many.

That’s a gen.