• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

burkul

Horology Curious
3/1/22
The crown is a little off, but not terrible. Can't see the serial from that angle. Seal might be a bit white, but again, it's hard to say. Don't stress over it. Wear what you like.

how about rehaut? I mean the other parts? especially after the serial till 12?

Last edited:

TheNickGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
VSF fanboys will tell you there’s nothing wrong with the SEL’s. CF / ARF bracelet is far superior, even the way it clicks shut. Li is your best bet, and it will also get rid of the horrible gap on the clasp that is an easy tell when on the wrist.

Thank you, Marky, appreciate the additional update.

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Compared my vsf 116610ln that I received a couple days ago to my vsf 126610ln from July. Only worn a handful of times and kept the bezel meticulously clean with alcohol and toothbrush, yet even with the light source in this photo coming from the 12x’s side, the markers still aren’t as “bright” as the 116x. Will likely try the enamel paint mod. Curious whether the current batch are any better?

3b9dd7e29d9046edb797d744467162fc.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
VSF fanboys will tell you there’s nothing wrong with the SEL’s. CF / ARF bracelet is far superior, even the way it clicks shut. Li is your best bet, and it will also get rid of the horrible gap on the clasp that is an easy tell when on the wrist.

VSF fanboys / CF fanboys...

You best check out the newer bracelets appearing the CF 124060 before you have all the juniors cooing over the 'ARF' bracelet the CF may or may not have. The SEL on that is not good.

How is the gap on the flip lock an 'easy tell' - serious question - it's on the bottom of the wrist. Easy for who?

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Which is almost 1/3 of the price of the full watch. Honestly I thought it was a bit cheaper…

It's true. I really like the watch but the bracelet isn't so good. My clasp code is 3vv (I think 1lq is better), also sels aren't perfect. So I try cf bracelet,I don't know how it fits. I ordered it in November but it has been shipped a couple of days ago because I was waiting qc of other stuff.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
VSF fanboys / CF fanboys...

You best check out the newer bracelets appearing the CF 124060 before you have all the juniors cooing over the 'ARF' bracelet the CF may or may not have. The SEL on that is not good.

How is the gap on the flip lock an 'easy tell' - serious question - it's on the bottom of the wrist. Easy for who?
It’s easy, as when you hold your hand out you can see the gap on the clasp, the gap is right on the corner of your wrist, it’s far more obvious than some of the microscopic tells many obsess over. The ARF bracelet is far better in all ways, even the way it snaps shut.
I’m certainly not a fanboy of either, I’d say the VSF has the best case, but CF/ARF has the best bracelets by far. The only other major issue with the VSF is the cyclops. Your fanboy status is well highlighted, and I kind of get it, but if you refuse to accept that the VSF can be made by several obvious tells, that’s your prerogative. We’ve been here before, no point going through it all again, it’s the same as people were adamant the gold and two tone newly assembled VSF was going to be perfect, and it turned out as many expected, cheddary and pretty much unwearable in its current form.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I’m certainly not a fanboy of either ...Your fanboy status is well highlighted

You know, that's really not a very good way to make your point.

I've never said the VSF doesn't have its tells - of course it does - it's a $500 Chinese fake.

I do however stand by the reasons why I bought the VSF, and would still take one over CF, because on balance, in my opinion, it's a better rep.

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
It's a great freaking rep out of the box! Brilliant, one could say.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
here everyone can express their preference, but it is undeniable that vsf has an overall better case than all the others for me. precisely it is a personal opinion. then that most people think the same of vsf ... well then it's not really a coincidence.
remember, however, vsf uses parts of cf, like the lunette, which I love.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Compared my vsf 116610ln that I received a couple days ago to my vsf 126610ln from July. Only worn a handful of times and kept the bezel meticulously clean with alcohol and toothbrush, yet even with the light source in this photo coming from the 12x’s side, the markers still aren’t as “bright” as the 116x. Will likely try the enamel paint mod. Curious whether the current batch are any better?

3b9dd7e29d9046edb797d744467162fc.jpg

Have one of the TD bezel modders do their magic on your bezel and you won't regret it

Reactions: keisuke_z

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
here everyone can express their preference, but it is undeniable that vsf has an overall better case than all the others for me. precisely it is a personal opinion. then that most people think the same of vsf ... well then it's not really a coincidence.
remember, however, vsf uses parts of cf, like the lunette, which I love.

I don't wan't to bash or anything but don't forget that rehaut is also part of the case and that is very bad on VSF. I don't mean the spacing but the lettering and polish it looks more like DHGate than gen and VSF 11 sub is easy to identify when a wrist shot is posted by the rehaut only (yes yes so are the ugly CF CQ's also and they're even more out there).

BUT for frankening I would STILL take VSF case all day long.

If someone has one for sale hit me up!

TheNickGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
Talked with Li today, stand-alone bracelet purchases won’t be available until mid-February due to CNY. Thinking of a Jubilee as well…

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Did anyone try to polish the rehaut with cape cod or similar?

Last edited: