• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

dru

31/8/17
United Kingdom
I have used my every day since june. Love this watch. It has ruined my rep hunting, i feel that i dont need any other. And i have many many watches in my watchbox. Frankens and other finer pieces but i love this one, its crazy
But its perfect
e261a3df1424ddb3eefe7343048e0fd9.jpg

a6d86d9db90290b165faccbd8d4979fe.jpg

c87925921d6e82a95083717b944d40e4.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

You took the words right out of mouth. I have had a black 40mm sub for maybe 5 years and since then i have built up a nice collection however it and my Kermit are always the ones my eyes and hand gravitate too. They are so hard to beat - i know it comes down to personal preference etc but i love them lol. Carlos from CRM says it right - if i could only have 1 watch it would be a black ceramic sub :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The 126 seems to pop more and shouts about being on your wrist, much more so than the 116. I love it. What is is about the dial that makes it like a black pool you could dive into? Is it the AR on the crystal or what?

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21

first VSF. It’s gorgeous.

from the first image the bezels slightly misaligned. Maybe like 1mm. Can a modder align the bezel and pearl if I want to in the future?

there’s a little play in the bezel that can make it align perfectly, but I’d rather have it just sit naturally aligned.

yes I know nitpicky. But just curious

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
first VSF. It’s gorgeous.

from the first image the bezels slightly misaligned. Maybe like 1mm. Can a modder align the bezel and pearl if I want to in the future?

there’s a little play in the bezel that can make it align perfectly, but I’d rather have it just sit naturally aligned.

yes I know nitpicky. But just curious

Yes, the insert needs to be popped out of the bezel then put back in place when aligned

Not hard to do but theres a risk of breaking the ceramic inserts if you don't know what you're doing so better to ask a modder
Now FYI my gen 116610 has the same issue ;)
​​​​​​

Reactions: Noob42069

Noob42069

Known Member
20/11/21
Yes, the insert needs to be popped out of the bezel then put back in place when aligned

Not hard to do but theres a risk of breaking the ceramic inserts if you don't know what you're doing so better to ask a modder
Now FYI my gen 116610 has the same issue ;)
​​​​​​

Thank you!

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Anyone fitted Gen tube on their s19 case? Is it direct fit?

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
I have ARF SEL on my 116610ln and it is fitting very tight, so tight that it takes some time to mount.

It is also importent to use the correct pins for it!

But if there will fit perfect you must try because sometime it will not fit perfect!

My vsf 116610ln has absolutely no gap at all and is at least as good as the genuine I have compared it to:)

But in the rep game you must have some luck also:)

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
In the winter time I have the 116610ln on rubber B (oem) with the folding clasp from bracelet.

As it is nicer to wear when it is cold outside.

I have both the black and Orange and love them.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Sure, if you want to have its SEL fit criticised and a bunch of members shouting that you should “RL” it…

I think it’s funny that so many people get so OCD about SEL figment. Yet, they never say a word about the lugs being the same size on both. ????

Gens have slightly wider lugs on the left side (non crown guard side).

I forget the reason why. I believe it has to do with weight balance or something. I think I’ve met 1 person that’s ever noticed that.

Crazy. It’s such an easy tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I think it’s funny that so many people get so OCD about SEL figment. Yet, they never say a word about the lugs being the same size on both. ????

Gens have slightly wider lugs on the left side (non crown guard side).

I forget the reason why. I believe it has to do with weight balance or something. I think I’ve met 1 person that’s ever noticed that.

Crazy. It’s such an easy tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that was only for Daytonas on bracelets, and only on the non-precious metal models?

Dino77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/21
i have a zf Hulk, but the dial is far from gen and i dislike it.. i think to buy black vsf sub 114060 from jtime, is it good than vsf 116610? i woul'd never have some issues with dateweel and cyclop..

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
i have a zf Hulk, but the dial is far from gen and i dislike it.. i think to buy black vsf sub 114060 from jtime, is it good than vsf 116610? i woul'd never have some issues with dateweel and cyclop..

Every rep has issues my friend. Yes on 114060 you wouldn’t have cyclops/DW “issues” but the rehaut alignment can be an issue and the dial isn’t terribly accurate. So we pick & choose our battles!

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

TheNickGuy

Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
I just received my VSF126610LN from jtime, and have a concern regarding the top left lug and SEL fitment. Any suggestions on realignment or replacement options?

TheNickGuy

Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
Also, I’d like to add that this is my first rep and I wanted to thank the forum for your expertise throughout my research. The watch is amazing except for the misaligned SEL.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Also, I’d like to add that this is my first rep and I wanted to thank the forum for your expertise throughout my research. The watch is amazing except for the misaligned SEL.

Had the same issue with my lower R lug. SEL sat slightly above & cock-eyed. Wasn’t happy with SEL altogether & ended up replacing the bracelet.