• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Quality is of the same standard. The 126 feels better but that's by design (subjective too).. only in the same way aa 116610 feels better than a 16610, due to improvements made to the later model, nothing to do with choice of materials or quality of the product.

I recommend this VSF combo if you can get them.. 116LV and 126LN.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Is your car hulk stock? I believe putting in a zf dial would make this even better. Thoughts?

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Have you thought about putting a ZF dial in a VSF hulk. I think that would make the perfect hulk out there

Reactions: Zacharias_MBT

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The ZF is not perfect either, it's darker (better?) but side by side with gen, it's still not the same.. so why bother.

Reactions: sharpsec

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
My reference to adding the zf dial to the vsf watch was to make it more gen like. The last pictorial comparing these shows the zf dial is closest to gen in all light settings

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
I never liked my vsf hulk sunburst and after reading positive reviews of the zf dial I purchased it. But once received, I realized that both are different from the gen so I won't do the swap.
Maybe is the zf dial changed after the raids?
Guys: VSF, zf and clean make good hulk reps, I suggest you to keep your watch stock and appreciate it because the gen is impossible to replicate.

Left: vsf sub - Right : zf dial

Reactions: leo6929

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
both are different from the gen

I think the only thing that the ZF has going for it is the darker shade. Would love to see some various outdoor lighting shots of both if you ever get the time!

VSF is definitely lighter & can’t replicate the gen dial darkness or effect but it’s still not bad (especially since I’ve only seen 1 Hulk in person, ever, & I live in a pretty affluent area)

VSF & Gen - crappy pic & dirty crystals, sorry

d4415b14fe8aa8bd9d3cc46367c5056d.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
I never liked my vsf hulk sunburst and after reading positive reviews of the zf dial I purchased it. But once received, I realized that both are different from the gen so I won't do the swap.
Maybe is the zf dial changed after the raids?
Guys: VSF, zf and clean make good hulk reps, I suggest you to keep your watch stock and appreciate it because the gen is impossible to replicate.

Left: vsf sub - Right : zf dial

Doesn't look too bad. Def darker like the gen? What do you think the flaw is of the zf dial you have in shade?

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Fisherman1980 maybe the zf dial has a better transition from green to black, but the sunburst is similar to the vsf one. And this is the issue of every hulk rep.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Fisherman1980 maybe the zf dial has a better transition from green to black, but the sunburst is similar to the vsf one. And this is the issue of every hulk rep.

If I recall it has a less pronounced laser beam effect. There was a great side by side comparison somewhere but I haven't been able to find it again. If someone has the link handy I'm interested :)

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21

Yeah for the sunburst effect nothing matched the gen. But in that review the shade of green of the zf was more comparable to the Gen. I guess to each their own

Reactions: P..DR..D

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21

Yeah for the sunburst effect nothing matched the gen. But in that review the shade of green of the zf was more comparable to the Gen. I guess to each their own

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
Hey all - I have a couple quick questions. I’ve been gone for a while…

I own two S19 VSF 116610LN.

One of them is in perfect condition. The other one has a couple issues (movement, lug holes scratched). Thinking of selling the one with issues - it just needs a new movement.

I know they’re scarce and that TDs have raised prices on the limited stock left.

1. Am I allowed to list the VSF with movement issues at the same price as a pristine one?

2. Reddit BST is letting sellers sell for the inflated TD price for VSFs (something like $800). Does RWI have the same rule?

Cheers