• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Not sure if it's the difference in angle but the S39 looks like the 'm' floats a little less

Reactions: Rangeman

Arturcar

Horology Curious
5/3/19
I am guessing the VSF V2 is actually real. I checked the VSF Hulk second batch and the rehaut is the same, which means it has been fixed.
Definitely a big improvement so far, but lets see some more pictures before jumping to conclusions.

Rangeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
Hopefully someone can verify if the K28 Serial is now the latest 116610
or if as many say K28 is a mixed parts 116610
as it's originally from 114060 No Date Serial.
And upon seeing complete photos of K28 and S39 above posted please share your thoughts overall which one should look for/prefer and please share if you see noticeable parts difference/improvements between the two.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
I got a vsf hulk on the way. I posted qc pics a few pages ago. Wonder if it’s a v2. I should have it on hand Tuesday.

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany

Received a VSF 116610LN a few days ago.
Maybe for some further comparison… I think the blueish reflection of the date mag is somehow more similar to the S39 serial than to the K28 above but anyways it has the edge distortion of the date.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Look at this lovey SEL step, nice and sharp and defined. Not blunt and soft edged like they were before. This is a major improvement of a flaw that was visible on someones wrist.

Rehaut first R is fixed and the rest of the rehaut aligment looks fine, this looks like a gen Sub buddy. If they can just fix the cyclops now it'll be perfect.

Last edited:

Carizmatic

Known Member
25/12/12
Look at this lovey SEL step, nice and sharp and defined. Not blunt and soft edged like they were before. This is a major improvement of a flaw that was visible on someones wrist.

Rehaut first R is fixed and the rest of the rehaut aligment looks fine, this looks like a gen Sub buddy. If they can just fix the cyclops now it'll be perfect.
And the floating "m"

GIG

9/9/22
Wow these VSF reps are getting unreal.

I'll be picking one up

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The dates are still not quite centred on the double digits dates though when compared to gen. So if you would like to show off the watches, make sure it's not on the 20th - 31st of the month, 10th to 19th seems ok. :)

My gen 116610 had misaligned dates between 16 and 31, all those number sat high in the window while 1-15 were dead centre. AD said it was within tollerance. So really, it's no big deal if all dates are not dead centre because sometimes gens are not perfect either.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

I was not aware there was an issue with the SEL step on the 116610 VSF? I thought it was only an issue on the 126610 VSF. FYI: the SEL step on the gen 116610 is slightly more defined compared to the SEL step on the gen 126610 (see pics below of both gens side by side). So that "soft step" is actually gen like on the VSF 126610....the problem is it's just a little too soft compared to gen.

zQnXoP.jpg

taktloss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/19
Hey guys! After raids and factory reset I'm thinking about adding a Submariner by VSF to my collection! Is the quality as good as it was before or are there any new misproductions? :) Has the coating of the bezel any problems or will it look very good after using it for a while?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I was not aware there was an issue with the SEL step on the 116610 VSF? I thought it was only an issue on the 126610 VSF. FYI: the SEL step on the gen 116610 is slightly more defined compared to the SEL step on the gen 126610 (see pics below of both gens side by side). So that "soft step" is actually gen like on the VSF 126610....the problem is it's just a little too soft compared to gen.

zQnXoP.jpg

The SEL step height on the 116610 is fine, but it’s blunt and soft edged compared to the razor sharp defined step on the gen, that was the problem