• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

biff1001

25/7/21
what case is a K25 serial supposed to be?
i just got QCs for what's supposed to be a 116610 but the serial is not what i was expecting

The K2 serials appear to be the new ones for a VSF 116610LN. Mine is the same.

Killerqhk

Horology Curious
29/6/22
vsf 114060 no-date is sold out. Maybe vsf doesn't see the potential of this model, or they're just busy with other models...

Reactions: gkardag

gkardag

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
Does this replica needs service or the mechanism is good and no service is needed?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Does this replica needs service or the mechanism is good and no service is needed?
It depends. Movements from Asia are often a bit dirty and a bit dry of lubricant. Getting movement serviced certainly won’t do any harm and may extend the life of the movement significantly.

Reactions: gkardag

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
They seem to be good. Service if and when required. The VS3135 and VS3235 are both the best of the clone movements and they seem to have a low failure rate.

NPD

7/2/22
EU
It was also not clear to me whether this above is the old promotional material from when VSF launched their 126610 or if it means there’s an updated version about to be marketed by them.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
It was also not clear to me whether this above is the old promotional material from when VSF launched their 126610 or if it means there’s an updated version about to be marketed by them.

All I can say is it's marketing material that was posted yesterday on a big Chinese website of a TD? I thought it was a revision which is why i posted. Apologies if it's old news.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Not sure if there has been an update, but it would be nice to see a v2 VSF 126610. IMO there are 3 very subtle flaws (visible without magnification) that could be fixed:
1. Slight edge distortion on the cyclops when viewing the date at an angle. This is the most noticeable flaw, but still very minor IMO. This of course can be easily fixed with a gen crystal which goes for around $400 these days.
2. Slightly less defined (less raised) center link of the SEL compared to gen (can also be fixed with the proper tools and a skilled hand)
3. Ever so slightly raised "m" after 300 on the lower dial text. This unfortunately can not be fixed without replacing the dial.

The v1 of this watch OOTB is scary close to the gen in both look and feel IMHO (I own two 126610 VSF and 1 gen 126610, so I speak from first hand knowledge). Enjoy this watch while they are still available. I can't image Rolex is very happy about how close these watches are to the real thing at 5% the cost!

NPD

7/2/22
EU
All I can say is it's marketing material that was posted yesterday on a big Chinese website of a TD? I thought it was a revision which is why i posted. Apologies if it's old news.

Fingers crossed for a VSF 126610 v2!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Yeah, but many people confirmed that vsf is better than clean so I will wait abit :))
For no date Clean is better I think - better bracelet, better endlinks, better case shape. Crystal is yes not so clear though as what I've heard but the other things more than make up for this.

In any case pointless to wait when Clean is available right now.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
i don't know if VSF announces version upgrades
seems they already updated some parts but i didn't see any PR images or anything of the sort

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
give it time. I think once sales slow down for a model they come out with another version. Marketing at its finest

Rangeman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/22
K28 vs S39 Serial 116610
Which between the two is Better overall? If you have to choose between k28 vs s39 which will you pefer?
The K Serial is still not clear enough if it's the Newest 116610 Version or Mixed Parts from 114060.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
it really is hard to tell with the lighting being different in those pictures, but i recall a complaint that VSF's pearl was too white in color compared to gen and CF, which seems(?) to be fixed
cyclops seems improved(?)
hands might also be less flat(?)

i don't have the K serial VSF in hand yet but one thing that might be worse is the cleanliness of the movement

Reactions: Rangeman