• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi everyone can i get some help with QC?
Dealer name: Hont
Factory name: VSF
Model name (& version number): Submariner 41mm 126610 LN Black Ceramic 904L Steel VSF VS3235
Price paid: $498 usd
Album Links: https://imgur.com/a/gkzbLkx
Index alignment: looks good https://i.imgur.com/Y6AcmkR.jpg
Dial Printing: Looks good
Date Wheel alignment/printing: Not sure
Hand Alignment: Not sure
Bezel: Not sure
Solid End Links (SELs): ok
Timegrapher numbers:not sure
Anything else you notice:

Your watch look verry good. GL👍

Reactions: dlbonano

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
so the factory that got raided was the VSF clone movement factory, have i got that right?
does that mean the movement in all of the newer watches will have that sandy grinding feel when winding
is that the only difference?

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
Already approved QC - asked for more pics of the lug, and here the “gap” disappeared…

CJS57

7/9/20
My VSF pre-raid 114060 has A01 serial prefix. Purchased it from Trusty Time almost 2 years ago. I had ZZF 3 then Clean and finally the VSF all pre-raid. VSF was better than Clean mainly because of the crystal, which on VSF is near gen. The VSF is so good that I sold my Gen Sub last week on TRF. Never wore it. Only wear the VSF.
Fuck EM, Gen, VSF, Clean and ZZF3 shown below.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
My VSF pre-raid 114060 has A01 serial prefix. Purchased it from Trusty Time almost 2 years ago. I had ZZF 3 then Clean and finally the VSF all pre-raid. VSF was better than Clean mainly because of the crystal, which on VSF is near gen. The VSF is so good that I sold my Gen Sub last week on TRF. Never wore it. Only wear the VSF.
Fuck EM, Gen, VSF, Clean and ZZF3 shown below.

Suprised you sold the gen.

I also had the ZZF several versions than Clean than Noob based superfranken I had to rebuild on Clean base.

But have been wearing my gen 114060 as daily beater since I got it in February this year.

gdgtman

14/6/15
Suprised you sold the gen.

I also had the ZZF several versions than Clean than Noob based superfranken I had to rebuild on Clean base.

But have been wearing my gen 114060 as daily beater since I got it in February this year.
I also sold my gen just because the reps are too good it’s crazy.

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
The K serials are a curious thing! Let's try to find out more about them! 😄

Is someone with a K serial 116610 willing to check what model number is engraved between the lugs at 12 o'clock? Chances are it says 114060.
Should look something like this:

I also noticed that the caseback protrudes every so slighly more on K vs S. It should be perfectly flush. Might be due to the additional 0.15mm (iirc) of the 3135 compared to the 3130. I wonder if this affects water resistance or even the movement.

allez

Does this look like a vsf hulk to you guys? Dial sunburst looks a bit dark - could be the lighting though.
For the dial - if little darker than previous vsf batches should be good. Former hulk dial was slightly to light coloured so maybe improvement.
The thing with the serial and maybe case - we will see. Seems they mix up parts (as you can read a cople postings above)

CJS57

7/9/20
I sold my 124060 Gen because wearing it made marks and decreased the value. It is not a rare watch. You can get one anytime, it just costs money. Now a VSF pre-raid is not so easy to get. Must wait and get it M to M now. I got mine 2 years ago or so from a TD. No worries about wear and tear, it was only $428 back then. If it breaks I will just get it fixed.

Reactions: Killerqhk and allez

smokozuna

Horology Curious
19/11/19
The K serials are a curious thing! Let's try to find out more about them! 😄

Is someone with a K serial 116610 willing to check what model number is engraved between the lugs at 12 o'clock? Chances are it says 114060.
Should look something like this:

I also noticed that the caseback protrudes every so slighly more on K vs S. It should be perfectly flush. Might be due to the additional 0.15mm (iirc) of the 3135 compared to the 3130. I wonder if this affects water resistance or even the movement.
I received a VSF 116610 today from Sead. Serial K28 Clasp 7GJ and the model # between the lugs is 116610.

Reactions: mien

Killerqhk

Horology Curious
29/6/22
I sold my 124060 Gen because wearing it made marks and decreased the value. It is not a rare watch. You can get one anytime, it just costs money. Now a VSF pre-raid is not so easy to get. Must wait and get it M to M now. I got mine 2 years ago or so from a TD. No worries about wear and tear, it was only $428 back then. If it breaks I will just get it fixed.
So, have you ever looked at the post-vsf 114060LN ? if yes, can you share your thought? I read my mix-comment about the pre and post.