• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
My insert fell out while pressing the bezel back on.

Any tips for getting it back in without breaking it?

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
My insert fell out while pressing the bezel back on.

Any tips for getting it back in without breaking it?

+1 for Triplock suggestion. I thought the VSF insert was pressure fitted...but it looks like there are remnants of tape or glue on top of the bezel. Is that correct?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It wasn’t tape or sticky, it was more like a ring of dust.
Yes, the pip is broken, I think broke it while pressing the bezel on.

Eagle eyes.. not a Gibson (you see a hummingbird style scratch plate?) but there’s an Epi’ on the right, the one you can see in the pics is a hand made self build I made 20yrs ago in another life while studying to become a luthier.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It wasn’t tape or sticky, it was more like a ring of dust.
Yes, the pip is broken, I think broke it while pressing the bezel on.

Eagle eyes.. not a Gibson (you see a hummingbird style scratch plate?) but there’s an Epi’ on the right, the one you can see in the pics is a hand made self build I made 20yrs ago in another life while studying to become a luthier.

Yes, it kind of looked like a Dove or Hummingbird pick guard, but not exactly. Respect bro. Instrument building is a high art.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yes, it kind of looked like a Dove or Hummingbird pick guard, but not exactly. Respect bro. Instrument building is a high art.

Thanks mate. It’s one of those things that is irreplaceable, if the house was burning down I’d run back in to try save it. There are very few things I can say that about.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I used a press with a die that has a cutout for the pip.

Is that a Gibson I see?

Great tip!

I took a lump out a die for the pip and it pressed in no bother, watch saved. Thanks mate. seems I broke the pip last time though - before I got your tip!

gibbo1988

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Cumbria, UK
I am also thinking about an other bracelet for my new VSF 126610.
The bracelet is pretty good. No rattling, fine, sharp edges. The clasp sound and feel pretty solid. No gap between SELs and casing. Everything fine so far.
But, and this annoyes me really cause it is really visible: the SELs are flush with the horns. No really recess. Pretty sad.
Would a CF bracelet fit? Or should I use a file?

I purchased a ARF bracelet from JTIME.

It’s is better in all aspects than the one that originally came on my VSF.. loose closing, gaps etc

In comparison, a friends VSF clasp is really good and probably not worth changing.

I think there’s a variation in the finish from watch to watch regarding the clasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Werdenfelser

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
I purchased a ARF bracelet from JTIME.

It’s is better in all aspects than the one that originally came on my VSF.. loose closing, gaps etc

In comparison, a friends VSF clasp is really good and probably not worth changing.

I think there’s a variation in the finish from watch to watch regarding the clasp

Thank you!
Ordered a day ago a CF Bracelet from Li. Hope CF ones are still manufactured by ARF?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’ve got a 126610 VSF bracelet and clasp sat here available

Thanks for the offer, wrong size though and I just decided to break that watch up for parts.. so if anyone needs any VSF 116610 bits check out my sales thread.

Reactions: gibbo1988

1breitling

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/9/17
Additional, I found this over here:

This is crazy, because my C4R glidelock and flip clasp sits nice and tight, but I got those above described problems with my 1LQ VSF glidelock.:idontno:

I agree, the glidelock on my CF 114060 is much more crisp and tight when it snaps into place, however when my VSF starbucks snaps into place it feels like it'll fall out if the clasp isn't fully closed. At least the CGs are correct on the VSF.

datboymunz

Horology Curious
31/3/22
Hello all, first post!

Just today received QC on a 126610LN VSF I've ordered via a TD on here.

How can I be sure this is a VSF?

This is my first purchase and hoping you VSF pro's can give me your 2 cents worth

thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/E7zCdHr

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I agree, the glidelock on my CF 114060 is much more crisp and tight when it snaps into place, however when my VSF starbucks snaps into place it feels like it'll fall out if the clasp isn't fully closed. At least the CGs are correct on the VSF.

I don’t have any issues with my VSF bracelet, snap firmly and without any issues stated above.

Reactions: leo6929