• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

mrln

25/11/20
EU
Alright - good to know. Thanks! Weird that so many people say that ARF bracelets are way better..

You have to distinguish between 11er and 12er reference. I don't think ARF makes the 12s at all. (Proof me wrong!) And at the end of the day it's all a question of quality-control and your personal expectations within a bracelet.

I for one got one of those 126610 VSF with a slightly "catfish mouth" and a really loose glidelock. My ARF bracelet of an 116610 from ZZF is the best bracelet I had so far regarding a tight snap of clasp and glidelock. But I want to update this ZZF soon to a better one (regarding everything else but the bracelet). But I'm "frightened", that the stock bracelet (whatever factory the watch will be) also will not be satisfying, after handling the ARF 11er bracelet.

So in the end it's a mix of luck and expectation.

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
You have to distinguish between 11er and 12er reference. I don't think ARF makes the 12s at all. (Proof me wrong!) And at the end of the day it's all a question of quality-control and your personal expectations within a bracelet.

I for one got one of those 126610 VSF with a slightly "catfish mouth" and a really loose glidelock. My ARF bracelet of an 116610 from ZZF is the best bracelet I had so far regarding a tight snap of clasp and glidelock. But I want to update this ZZF soon to a better one (regarding everything else but the bracelet). But I'm "frightened", that the stock bracelet (whatever factory the watch will be) also will not be satisfying, after handling the ARF 11er bracelet.

Alright I see.

Is ZZF also using the ARF bracelets like CF does?

I'll check out the VSF bracelet and if I'm not satisfied somehow I'll buy the ARF to compare..

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
No. When ARF came on the scene in late 17 / early 18 their bracelets were incredible - a real step up from what Noob was doing at the time. However, they never retained that level of quality IMO, and are not an upgrade on the stock VSF bracelet.

You'll read nonsense about catfishes and whatever, but it's not a worthwhile upgrade.

Correct me if i'm mistaken, but ZF uses the ARF bracelets for their submariners as well, right? (or more correctly they source them from the same factory that ARF sources their bracelets from). I know for sure that Clean uses the "ARF" bracelets as well. I always was under the impression that those were the best rep bracelets you could get your hands on.... My ARF Sea Dweller bracelet from ~2019 is fantastic, I can't speak for the quality of recent ARF products (my 2022 CF daytona bracelet is quite good, however it needed some lube to get it to stop squeaking).

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
I am also thinking about an other bracelet for my new VSF 126610.
The bracelet is pretty good. No rattling, fine, sharp edges. The clasp sound and feel pretty solid. No gap between SELs and casing. Everything fine so far.
But, and this annoyes me really cause it is really visible: the SELs are flush with the horns. No really recess. Pretty sad.
Would a CF bracelet fit? Or should I use a file?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Can you share what is the code of your ARF/ZZF 11er bracelet?
Cheers

mrln

25/11/20
EU
Yes, C4R belongs to ZZF, but are you sure it correlates to ARF too?

Oh. If that was false... sorry! I thought every ZZF had those "ZZF in cooperation with ARF" bracelet foil around. If that is not true, I have a really great non-arf-bracelet. :blush2:

mrln

25/11/20
EU
Additional, I found this over here:

Bracelet on the ZZF (C4R) had sharp edges all over and the clasp felt lightweight and the glidelock took very little force to open meaning it would just open and slide every time you opened the bracelet.

This is crazy, because my C4R glidelock and flip clasp sits nice and tight, but I got those above described problems with my 1LQ VSF glidelock.:idontno:

audiwt

25/5/18
22ebf1dc2d60c0bb65666f408e3e8c21.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Additional, I found this over here:

This is crazy, because my C4R glidelock and flip clasp sits nice and tight, but I got those above described problems with my 1LQ VSF glidelock.:idontno:

If you read the CF Sub thread, you see opinions saying VSF is better or worse or ARF is better or worse. Point is, these can be inconsistent, there are good batches made on a Wednesday and shite ones on a Monday, good ones made by experienced workers, crap ones made by folk that never operated the machines before?

it’s your luck, experience tells me there is no correct answer here.

Reactions: Ylijumala and mrln

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
My new VSF “post raid” 116040 just time bombed on me after only a few weeks. =(

Anyone else experience this with theirs or did I just get the one bad apple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susreps

Looking Around
4/4/22
United States
Just got a VSF Submariner 126610LN about a week ago, second hand but was new with stickers, everything was great but just now putting near my ear im hearing an audible fast ticking noise that I don’t hear on my other VSF models and I don't believe I was hearing this when I first received the watch, but it could have very well just been something I didn't notice until now. Is anyone else experiencing this with the new VSF watches and is there anything I can do to silence it or is this common amoungst all the VSF Submariners.

Derick888

Horology Curious
8/12/17
Hi guys, recently got my 114060 from Eric. It still is on the way. Need your opinion on this, does my clasp look a little uneven? Especially the flip lock? Are these normal on vsf no date subs?

Kind of contemplating on just buying a new arf bracelet if it is crooked.

Thanks guys :)
6560abeaa256b46e35f939bf93758649.jpg

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

8b3ad500264b6a59aee19f9229abec43.jpg

Last edited:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Hi guys, recently got my 114060 from Eric. It still is on the way. Need your opinion on this, does my clasp look a little uneven? Especially the flip lock?

It is plastic all over like it should be, get the watch take out plastics and afterwards check again see how it looks, I assume good :D