• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I ordered a VSF 116610 recently from intime, it was from that random "limited" batch that he received post raid. Does anyone else have one of these? How do you feel it compares to the pre-raid batches? Clasp code reads "6SH"

I’ve had two pre and now one post raid VSF 116610LN.
The first I got before CNY and the second a few months later. The latest I received this week.
I noticed a difference in the insert. The pre CNY pre raid one had brighter insert numbers. The two others seemed a bit dimmer.
Still much better than others.
The cyclops in the first two seemed to give a clearer black hole effect with less distortion.
Might be just the one that I got. Who knows. It all may just be my ocd :/
The movement on the post raid looks very clean and running great, so far.

The clasp code on the new one is 6SH also.

At the end of the day, I’m very happy with the watch. Although the xtal makes me want to get a gen xtal.

Last edited:

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth
So if I buy those Gen little plastic glide pieces (that cost Rolex maybe 5 cents to make), for $227 and put them on my watch, can I then sell it M2M and call it a Franken?;)

Nop, that qualifies for Superfranken with mods...:laughing:

Reactions: LDWATCH

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Went to watchsmith today, was started to loose time like 60 sec/day

Here is a quick snapshot of the mvt 114060 VSF post raid

gt3rs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/22
Are VSF Submariners still available to order from anywhere or has all production stopped?

IPromiseItsFake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
28/4/21
ConUS
Are VSF Submariners still available to order from anywhere or has all production stopped?

They’re available. I got one earlier this month. It was from a TD on Reddit that’s not a TD here so I can’t posit it but they’re available.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Went to watchsmith today, was started to loose time like 60 sec/day

Watchsmith sort it out, seems all ok but the bad oil (was basically completely aged) and regulated.
jGDmfo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
Would you guys say its worth to upgrade the band to an ARF band?

I'd need to pay around 100€ for a new ARF band and was wondering if the current VSF bands are good/not so good.

Will receive my 116610LN next week hopefully.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

No. When ARF came on the scene in late 17 / early 18 their bracelets were incredible - a real step up from what Noob was doing at the time. However, they never retained that level of quality IMO, and are not an upgrade on the stock VSF bracelet.

You'll read nonsense about catfishes and whatever, but it's not a worthwhile upgrade.

chrisgear19

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/21

I'd need to pay around 100€ for a new ARF band and was wondering if the current VSF bands are good/not so good.

Will receive my 116610LN next week hopefully.

What is band?

Sent from the RWI App

mac83

9/7/13
Not sure if this has been mentioned but what model year are the hulk s29 based on?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
No. When ARF came on the scene in late 17 / early 18 their bracelets were incredible - a real step up from what Noob was doing at the time. However, they never retained that level of quality IMO, and are not an upgrade on the stock VSF bracelet.

You'll read nonsense about catfishes and whatever, but it's not a worthwhile upgrade.

The dreaded catfish mouth…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21

Alright - good to know. Thanks! Weird that so many people say that ARF bracelets are way better..

vince23

Supporter
Certified
11/1/21
Just got QC pictures of my VSF sub and shipped that beauty! Really looking forward to my 116610LN. Gonna be my everyday watch.

https://imgur.com/a/x8yoTrX

Link to the pictures if anyone wants to see how post raid VSF's look atm.

Last edited: