• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Just received the QC pics of the VSF 126610LN. I wonder if the dates are sitting too high? Is it justified to request for another QC? Any comments are most welcome.

My gen 116610 is like that. It's like that between 1-15. 16-31 sits dead centre. Rolex have said it's within tolerance and they will not do anything about it.

I suppose if it's good enough for gen then it's fine for your rep.

byseconds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/21
Just received the QC pics of the VSF 126610LN. I wonder if the dates are sitting too high? Is it justified to request for another QC? Any comments are most welcome.

Oh man... date is perfectly aligned.

jNcy5P.jpg

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
I just received a new 126610LN and the glidelock is bad and missing the little piece on one side that slides through the inside of the clasp and appears the spring bar is broke on that side too. The TD is not much help asked if I could just get it fixed locally. It doesn't appear you can buy the little parts, (or the whole Glide Link), separately. My question is, could I even replace the entire clasp/glidelock with a 116610 one? because I've read the 41mm 126610 is 1mm thicker on the bracelet all the way down to the clasp....at least on the gen. Any help or ideas?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I just received a new 126610LN and the glidelock is bad and missing the little piece on one side that slides through the inside of the clasp and appears the spring bar is broke on that side too. The TD is not much help asked if I could just get it fixed locally. It doesn't appear you can buy the little parts, (or the whole Glide Link), separately. My question is, could I even replace the entire clasp/glidelock with a 116610 one? because I've read the 41mm 126610 is 1mm thicker on the bracelet all the way down to the clasp....at least on the gen. Any help or ideas?

Your best bet would be getting a new clasp at Aliexpress

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
Your best bet would be getting a new clasp at Aliexpress

The question is, if I buy a clasp on Ali or elsewhere,and I would like a good quality one to go with my VSF 126610LN. Some stuff on ALi is crap. My question is, "is it going to fit? Is the 1mm difference going to be an issue? I realize 1mm is small, but we are talking about the space where the glidelock slides in the clasp

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

TBH, I’d tell your TD to stop acting like a dick and source the parts for the watch they never bothered checking properly. Otherwise you’ll file a ticket. Seriously, a M2M sale would never get away with this. While movements may get damaged during shipping a clasp will not.

gibbo1988

Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Cumbria, UK
I’ve just received an ARF clasp and bracelet. (As you cannot buy them separately)
It’s much better then the VSF one.
The glide lock is better
The whole fit and closure of the clasp is much better.

It was £150. So whether a 5-10% improvement is worth that much to you, for me it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
The question is, if I buy a clasp on Ali or elsewhere,and I would like a good quality one to go with my VSF 126610LN. Some stuff on ALi is crap. My question is, "is it going to fit? Is the 1mm difference going to be an issue? I realize 1mm is small, but we are talking about the space where the glidelock slides in the clasp

I agree with the others that the TD should resolve this issue, but to answer your question - No, a 116610 clasp will not work on a 126610.

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I’ve just received an ARF clasp and bracelet. (As you cannot buy them separately)
The glide lock is better

It was £150. So whether a 5-10% improvement is worth that much to you, for me it was.

It is for your 116 or 126 Sub?
What clasp code and SEL code have you received for the bracelet? Can you share the info?
Cheers

gibbo1988

Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Cumbria, UK
It’s for the 126 sub.

Clasp code 1LD

Purchased from JTIME.

LDWATCH

Wannabe
4/1/22
Left Coast USA
The glide lock is better

I have read that ARF makes a superior bracelet, (or at least a better glidelock). I think I would entertain that idea but I have not seen an ARF 126610LN, do they make one? I would think at the very least the TD would be able to source me a working 126610LN VSF clasp only? I did notice the little long oval pieces the schematics call "Slides" ( my watch, only came with 1) and it was black plastic. I've seen other pictures where they appear to be metal? It would be really nice If I could just buy the "'Glidelock Link' only as seen on the schematic, but that ain't going

to happen

Reactions: wolfiqar