• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

FRNOOB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/19
Hello everyone, does anyone have any news for a VSF 124060 in progress?

Rgk

Horology Curious
28/7/21
he would not cover as it was not within his “3 months warranty” so he offered to sell me a new movement for $230
and would give $100 off so $130 for a new movement with shipping

thinking I rather buy gen parts and replace

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
he would not cover as it was not within his “3 months warranty” so he offered to sell me a new movement for $230

The bezel insert just snapped by itself?
Your TD offered you a new VS3235 at $130?
Honestly, with 130 bucks what gen parts can you get to replace those faulty ones?

FRNOOB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/19

Accept the proposed $130 move...that's a great price for a move like this.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I think VSF can be a cut above! That's just my opinion. That said, CLEAN is already at a high level

Maybe so. If they make one we will know for sure. Personally I can't tell the difference between my CF and two VSFs with the exception of the CF crystal which I replaced with gen. Everything else is identical as far as I can see.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just received the QC pics of the VSF 126610LN. I wonder if the dates are sitting too high? Is it justified to request for another QC? Any comments are most welcome.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Just received the QC pics of the VSF 126610LN. I wonder if the dates are sitting too high? Is it justified to request for another QC? Any comments are most welcome.

It's a rep mate, this is well within the realm of acceptable

Reactions: 1breitling

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
And the camera angle is not "square on", which is exaggerating the offset effect. There is also light shadow that is cast over the top of the "3", which is having a similar effect.

Last edited:

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
It does look like it might sit a wee bit high, and is exaggerated by not being straight on to the camera, as mentioned above.

Definitely acceptable and worthy of a GL, unless you think that it will bug you every time you look at it. A Gen DW would most likely fix this and look lovely.

Remember that if you RL it, you might end up with a different issue altogether and add another week to receive it.

Good luck.